A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Bear:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Bear is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Bear, DO is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Bear graduated from Des Moines University.
Dr. Bear has 31 hospital affiliations:
- Skiff Medical Center
- Mercy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bear accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 4 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan