Dr. Philip Berent Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Philip Berent?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 13th, 2015

A godsend

Excellent ability to diagnosis and prescribe the correct medications. Methods may be a little unconventional, but he was able to hone in on my son's diagnosis within one session. After 8 months of frustration and disappointment with another psychiatrist, Dr. Berent turned my son's life around in 2 sessions by getting him the right diagnosis and treatment. Worth every penny!! His personality did not "click" with my teenager. However, after a few sessions, my son knew his life was changing for the best and didn't care whether or not he "clicked " with Dr. Berent. Dr. Berent is truly a godsend. We're very grateful for what he's done for our son.

February 23rd, 2015

Dr Berent is a wizard. He has treated both my husband (ADD, depression and anxiety) and I (ADD and depression) and made a world of difference in both of our lives. His methods may seem a bit unconventional, but they work and he will have you fixed up within a few visits. No, he does not accept insurance, but I actually found this to be a good thing because can do what he needs to do instead of jumping through the insurance companies' hoops. I also found out that my insurance company reimburses 50% of out-of-network visits, so it's worth checking with yours. I would much rather pay to visit Dr Berent a few times and actually accomplish something than pay copay after copay and week after week or month after month working with an in-network doctor and not get anywhere. Seriously, this man is amazing. Just do it.

August 29th, 2014

Totally Awesome!!!!!

Dr. Berent is the most understanding, compassionate and informative psychologist I have ever had the pleasure to be treated by. It was a very sad day when he moved his practice back to Park Ridge, IL. Unfortunately I am unable to continue treatment with him due to the long distance travel to his office. He truly helped me get my life back on track. Since his move, I have been unable to locate another doctor to treat my condition. I would highly recommend Dr. Berent with great pride. He is one in a million. Thank you Dr. Berent for all you have done for me.

July 4th, 2014

Best Psychiatrist Ever!

He was right on with the diagnosis and I haven't felt this good in a very long time! He will be missed from the clinic in Otterbein. I hope he can come back at some point.

November 24th, 2013

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Berent is an outstanding psychiatrist. He has been in the field for many years so he has the experience you need to trust his advice and professional opinions. At the same time, he strives to keep up on the ever changing medical field, so the wealth of knowledge this man has makes being a patient much more rewarding. Dr. Berent truly cares about his patients and wants to get you feeling and living better than ever. I've been paying out of pocket and his fees are the least of my worries when my health is on the line. It is a great feeling not having to put my life in the hands of an insurance company, but rather partnering with a Doctor who makes his patients' wellbeing his top priority.

October 14th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Berent. I have had trouble for many years, over 20 to be exact with depression. I finally feel more like my "old self" again. Life is for us to enjoy and partake in...I feel I can do that again...I am very happy with my progress thanks to him.

February 7th, 2016