Dr. Philip Berman MD Patient Reviews

• Cardiovascular Disease Houston, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 16th, 2016
Altho I had a straightforward problem (large murmur, regurgitation) he went back and did more research to be precise. Did lots of tests which allowed me to see what was going on. Breezy personality, but answers all questions. Very accurately described my problem, and how to fix it Office is usually packed, 20 min wait

October 17th, 2015
Excellent doctor
I'd've seen him twice now, very sharp doc,gets to your issue fast. Great personality, highly recommend!

October 12th, 2015
Great doctor. He is friendly, compassionate and listens to his patients. His diagnosis is very accurate. Knows his medicines and can answer questions about what he prescribes. He is very knowledgeable and works well with his patients.

January 6th, 2015
Provided pre-op EKG and evaluation. Very good experience.

December 13th, 2014
Firing a Patient on the Spot.
His nursing staff is very poor in providing me with lab test results. I brought this to the doctors attention and he blew up during my last office because he got tired of my complaining about his nursing staff. I really like him but his nursing staff does not get back to patients like they should. In my last office, he informed me that he had a lot going on that day and that he had enough of my accusations so he informed me that he is firing me as a patient so this office visit is completed and he got up and walked out on me. He told me four times that he was firing me as a patient. I think I got the hint the first time he told me. My only guess is that something is going on his life at this time that may be affecting his best judgement.

December 19th, 2013
Dr. Berman recently saw my mother who is a 91 year old with aortic stenosis and congestive heart failure. He is wonderful! He is very kind, compassionate and friendly towards all of his patients and whenever there is a concern, he addresses it immediately and gets the issue taken care of. He is a fantastic cardiologist.

June 24th, 2013
Highly Recommendd
My husband, mother-in-law and I all see Dr. Berman. Dr. Berman's exam is thorough. He is friendly enough. He came to the E.R. to check on me. Saved me from being admitted! When my husband was having an angiogram, he came out to the waiting room and took me to a computer to show me the pictures of his heart. He addressed the one complaint I had with his staff not returning calls with his staff at that time. I think he's a very good doctor.

November 29th, 2012
Find someone else if you are elderly
Completely unprepared. Rude comments and disrespectful to elderly concerns, as if they are not important. Basically this man is a condescending know it all.

August 6th, 2012
Not a good Doctor
Dr. Berman is not a caring Dr. or man. He is rude, loud, an does not care about his patients. He needs a long break-like forever. I feel he has some type of problem that shows in his practice.

May 14th, 2012
Would NEVER recommend this doctor!
Dr. Berman seemed to not know what he was doing. He did not show concern for his patients. Called his office multiple, multiple times only to get voicemail. Left messages and no one, NO ONE would return calls. (i.e. I'm a heart patient). When asked about why no one ever returned calls, Dr. Berman got very, very defensive and irrate. He has an anger problem. Dr. Berman has no idea what he is doing.

April 23rd, 2012
Excelent Cardiovascular Disease Physician
Lot's of knowledge on the subject. He inspired confidence that there were treatment options for my condition. Allowed me to talk him though my symptoms and he offered evidence-based recommendations combined with common sense. Best Doctor!

December 20th, 2011
Dr. Bergman put me at ease with his manner. Very satisfied with him. I will recomend him to family and friends.