Orthopedic Surgeons
Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
1 Medical Center Dr
Lebanon, NH 03756
603-650-8949
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  patient  |  show details
by leslie McIntyre on May 27th, 2014

I had surgery in October 2013. I struggled with pain. His nurse accused me of drug seeking. I was told I had to see Dr. Bernini, which I did he had no idea both myself and my primary doctor had talked with her. He was good during the appointment, but he never told me he was retiring. I never heard back from his office for my 6 month appointment. Recently had problems, called and discovered he was gone, retired. No notes in chart regarding my follow up care. No referral to a new doctor. No notice he had retired. I was just left as an open case, with nothing scheduled, and no doctor. Left hanging. I have complained to risk management. This is not professional behavior. You can not just leave a hospital and leave your patients hanging without appointments, and no referral. He did a good job with the surgery, but this follow up care is totally unprofessional.

|  a thank you  |  show details
by pauline thompson on Mar 28th, 2014

he is such a fantastic dr would advise anyone to go to him he helped me thru some terrible times but I made it thanks to him he is a very kind and understanding person..thank you from the bottom of my heart.

|  Dr. P.Bernini  |  show details
by Anne Marie Durkee on Aug 2nd, 2013

He is one very nice understanding and gentle person I really get upset when I cannot see him.....I just wait till I can see him and it usually doesn't take long before I can see him..... He did both of my hips and they are just fabulous.....I saw him on the 30th and he took the pain away from my knee within second. I thank God for such a wonderful DOCTOR .

|  Lost a great deal of my useful life  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Bernini, while he was chief of Orthopedics at DHMC took over after a retiring physician refused to tighten a halo which had loosened. This required a Brooks fusion be performed, which failed. Dr. Bernini then recommended a radical (for a healthy 33 y/o) procedure be performed which, in a matter of 4 years, made it necessary to have 4 more vertabrae fused. 4 years later, I was unable to work. There's more to the story, but I'll leave it and pray that you don't have the same outcome as I did.