Dr. Philip Branson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Philip Branson?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Philip Branson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 20th, 2016

Surgery

Excellent communication before and after my surgery

March 31st, 2016

Good Doctor! Replaced both my knees, doing good after 7 yrs.!

July 31st, 2015

You wait a very longtime in waiting room, however he is worth the wait. Excellent surgeon.

December 6th, 2013

Saved my career

My job was was a very demanding job physically which required movements and strength in my shoulders to retain my job. I had fallen and torn ligaments which was causing my shoulder to go out of the socket on certain movements. Doc repaired the ligament in a major surgery to a better than new condition and fought off the "company nurse" for me allowing proper time for the tissues to heal. He gets my vote any time. My shoulder got me through to retirement which I am very thankful

August 28th, 2012

Excellent Care

I had a bilateral knee replacement one week ago. My recovery has been excellent. I was able to come home without going to rehab. Dr.Branson gave me excellent bedside care and answered any and all questions I had as well. I woud not hesitate to have him as my surgeon again and would recommend him to anyone. If there was a quwstion I forgot to ask all I had to do was call the office and I soon had the answerfrom his courteous staff.

December 22nd, 2010

Dr. Branson is an acceptable surgeon who seems to have very good knowledge. He spent all the time I needed with me and answered all the questions I could think of concerning my operation. Most people do not prepare for a doctors visit, do yourself a favor and think about what exactly you want to know and ask, most doctors will stay to answer all the questions you have. I found out as much information as I could and spent several weeks researching information over the internet so I could better prepare questions. My operation was a very intensive and somewhat major but also a very common injury among athletes and most are able to return to their lives (even professional sports) without much difference in their physical activities. Having said that, my operation did not go as planned and I did not receive the results that I expected or that Dr. Branson promised. I actually had to have 2 procedures to correct a few things from my first procedure. In addition I also have developed some unexpected side effects that I might have to live with for the rest of my life. I do not know if the complications from my surgery are the results his skills, post treatment or procedure. I will be seeking a second opinion after 1 years post Dr. Branson operationsNegatives: Extremely long wait times!! My average wait time in his office was over 2hours and on one occasion it took as long as 4 hours just to get to the back room. He sees way to many patients a day.He was not very careful in his wording when describing some of the complications that could result from my procedure. He definitely needed to be more specific about how complications from the operation might affect the rest of my life and normal activities. I am not able to do certain things now and it has a direct effect on the way I live my life on a daily basis. Dr. Branson said that 1 year after my operation that my injured body part would be a 9 out of 10, in all honesty I am at about a 7.For some reason he neglected to start me on physical therapy until about 2 weeks after my surgery. This is strange as my physical therapist told me most people start no later than 2 or 3 days after this operation, and most PTs want their patients to start the day after or even the day off! I suspect that this might have something to do with my complications. Also some of the complications were things that my physical therapist had never seen and he has been in the industry for over 20 years. Lastly he also told me that the complications that have arisen are nothing I can fix and I dont know what is causing them (Direct quote)Positives:Seemed very knowledgeable and courteous and I felt he truly was trying to repair my injury.He was a little too expensive but to he did agree to work with me on the remaining balance of my bill to a more reasonable amount. Still not cheap, but my insurance wasnt the greatest and he really didnt need to agree to a discount in the first place.Conclusion:If I could do it all over again I probably would choose a different doctor, perhaps one near a larger city. Im not sure if anything would have changed or if the results would have been any different, but I feel that I could have gotten better care in another location. I would definitely recommend Dr. Branson if he is close to your home or you are limited in your choices from your insurance. He is not bad but also not the greatest. I will add that in all honesty I am dissatisfied with my results. I could have been given more information to a make better decision on the type of procedure that was best for me. There are several ways to repair my injury and I wish he would have been more specific about the benefits and consequences of all of them. Also, I should add that I dont know if Dr. Branson is to blame entirely, my problems could all be legitimate side effects that develop from my procedure. This is why I am seeking a second opinion.Hope this helps and I apologize for the long review, but knowledge is power.

October 31st, 2009

Wonderful surgeon. Very busy - but worth the wait at his office. He has been wonderful to me and my mom.

July 28th, 2009

One of the Best!!

Fantastic, highly educated doctor on top of his field!! Tells it like it is, treats you as a person in his explanations of your condition, and not just as a number. You have to handle the truth and not just believe what you want to hear. Would very highly recommend Dr Phil to anyone.

February 19th, 2009

He is probably the rudest physician with whom I have ever interacted.

August 18th, 2017