Dr. Philip Bukberg MD Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

December 28th, 2016
5 Staff 3 Punctuality 1 Helpfulness 1 Knowledge I accompanied my 25 yo daughter for support after a prior negative visit to another endo. Our PCP recommended him for a second opinion, saying he was caring and great. Well, I don't know what set him off, but he obviously formed an opinion of us the moment we came in, and was rude and condescending. He said gruffly he would do no more than the other doctor had. As she tried to speak to him, without study or examination, he blurted out strange diagnosis, almost as if they were sins. He told my daughter she had sleep apnea (?!) She didn't, she never has had. He told her she was depressed. She wasn't, she never was. Whatever protest we gave he threw something else out that was totally off the wall or nasty. Finally the kicker as she tried to appeal to his common sense that something wasn't right: She said there's obviously something wrong. The only way I lost weight in the past was to not eat and exercise 4 hours a day. (From which she had developed an eating disorder, was seriously ill for a year with mono, kidney and liver infection, and was determined to never do that again) Well, he snapped, just do that again. Wh-what? She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Just do that again, he told her to her amazed face. And that was the end of the appointment. I have to say this was at least 5 years ago, but I'm writing it now because it has haunted me. I can still hear him say that. I've never had a stranger, more rude, disturbing experience with a doctor in my life. Maybe you'll get him on a good day. But my daughter was hysterical when she left. No good doctor should ever cause that reaction from a patient when it's not related to a diagnosis.

January 20th, 2016
Masterful doctor
I've been one of Dr. Bukberg's patients for 10 years. His knowledge of medicine well beyond his specialty is impressive and up to date - and he shares it generously, taking his time with each patient. Dr. Bukberg is thorough, precise, and deeply insightful. He is also clear with his recommendations - providing crisp arguments for the pros and cons of various treatment options. Dr. Bukberg is a masterful doctor who brings his decades of experience to provide outstanding care to his patients.

June 4th, 2015
very dissapointed
Don't bother calling for an appointment. This doctor only accepts patients who have been referred to him by a colleague of his.

August 7th, 2012
Dr. Bukberg is Wonderful
Visiting Dr. Bukberg was an amazing experience. He listened to everything I had to say, and I mean "everything" and put the information together like a detective. I felt total confidence in him. He has common sense and the experience to boot. Came recommended by a medical person who had worked with him. I understand that if you have diabetes, he's you man. Not only is he a great doctor, but he is a very nice person. I give him my highest recommendation.

November 27th, 2011
Dr Bukberg is a great person and an outstanding doctor.He gives you time and listens to the patient. He shows concern and is very detailed and analytical. Besides being nice and courteous he is an outstanding diagnostician.

June 1st, 2011
I would highly recommend Dr. Bukberg to others. He is attentive and diligent in taking patient histories and understanding patient concerns and spends more time with patients than any other doctor. Very courteous and tries to help with problems even if they are not directly in his specialty. It's obvious why he has been given so many awards; he's an excellent doctor!

April 5th, 2011
Veronica, the "office manager" was extremely patronizing, argumentative and rude. She gave me a very hard time about insurance (which the doctor DOES accept), then a four month wait for an appointment. She asked me if I wanted to speak with the doctor and when I said yes, yelled at me.

January 21st, 2009
Excellent Endocrinologist
Thorough labwork, excellent diagnostician in an area little understood by other medical professionals. Dr. Bukberg is the doctor other doctors send their patients to when they're mystified.