Dr. Philip Chan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 6th, 2016
Best doctor alive
This doctor is nice and friendly. His kindness knows no limits. Sure there are waits 2-3 hours. But the result are on point. I dont have any problems with the staff. The medicine he provides my wife with has done whatvut says on time. I dont mind taking her there multiple times a year. He has delivered all 4 of my kids. On the date he sets. None earlier none later. He is trutly a professional from my wife eyes. And a super hero in my eyes. Thank you doctor P. Chan.

August 2nd, 2016
Worst bedside manner
I have never left a Dr. Appointment in tears until today. I had a 3:30 appointment and I waited 3 hours to see him. He kept saying things that upset me and even told me to stop talking he wasn't finished talking. He used a glove to cover the vaginal wand and the nurses were wearing flip flops. His ultrasound machine was so out of date that the image of my fetus was barely even visible and he said my baby was too early to see then said or I am having a miscarriage. I felt that since I wasn't Asian I didn't matter That my pregnancy concerns and scares didn't matter because I wasn't asian. I regret ever seeing him and the he took over 3 hours of my time. Also the staff was beyond unprofessional.

June 20th, 2016
i regret went to this doctor, neither the stuff wasn't helpful at ALL
don't go here. doctor and stuff is rushy, seems irritated if i speak out my concern, will try to prescribe you anything that not include in to your insurance . beware moms and new parents there. i wrote this review not because i hate but i care

September 18th, 2013
BEST DOCTOR EVER
I started seeing Dr.Chan for 3 year already. Within these three years I had tons of questions to ask him, I worried about everything, he always welling and try his best to help me. He never complain or gives me an attituade for asking him too many questions. Normally people get regular checkup every once a year but I prefer to go back every 6 months because i feel more calm every time after seeing him. I was having a complication during my first pregnancy I had to see a high risk specialist and Dr.Chan at the same time. During my 12-16 weeks of pregnancy, the high risk specialist kept pushing me to do a small surgery, I was so worried and scared that I would loose the baby, so I asked Dr.Chan about his valuable option, I listened to him and watch closely , at the end i was totally fine through out my whole pregnancy without having to do the small surgery. thank god for listening to Dr.Chan. I am very worry he's going to retire soon.Everytime when i see him i ask him the same question" when are you going to retire? cause i still want more babies" . Seriously, i only trust him, before i started seeing him i had been to 4 different obgyn, none of them were as good as Dr.Chan. He's my angel, I did not say he's perfect about his diagnosis, I believe no one is perfect in this world because we are human being but he's nearly perfect to me. He shares what he learned from school and his experience. He does care about his patients, very responsible, very patient, very nice, and very knowledgeable. So waiting in his office for 3 hours is totally worth it. Unlike many doctors just want $$$$. I remember one time I was the last person to see him in his office, after I left the office i saw the clock it was already 9pm and he still need to stay to check other people's results. After that... he had to rush to the hospital to see my friend who just delievered. I heard a lot of good stories about him. His staffs are very nice, helpfull and well educated. Highly recommend!!!!!!!!

July 4th, 2013
Dr. Chan is Awesome!!! He is one of the best out there! He is so kind, doesn' t jump to cut you open like some others out there who will give you a csec even if you don't need it! He is so patient, I know for a fact other doctors would've just done a csec on me but not Dr chan he was very patient and waited, gave me the best care out there, made sure I wasn't in pain, had softer hands than nurses LOL , he was very cautious and sent me to a specialist just to be safe other Doctors don't have that kind of humility. Thank you Thank YOU Dr Chan my review is about 7 mo late but I just can't forget this Doctor. God Bless You Always!!

October 29th, 2012
Wonderful Doctor!
Dr. Chan is a wonderful doctor with great ethics, passion, and love for his patients. I waited over 4 hours to see him on my very first appt... but that did not stop me from continuing to go back to see him for my second pregnancy. He's attentive and patient with my questions and always manages to calm me down no matter what the situation. He's a great doctor... don't let the wait scare you away from this wonderful doctor. Good luck!

July 6th, 2012
Wonderful doctor....!!
Dr. Chan is a wonderful doctor that is attentive, knowledgeable, and very responsible. I always go into his office with tons of questions and nervous about my baby's well being... but he always manages to ease my concerns and make me feel like everything is going to be ok! I'm having my second child and I continue and will continue to see Dr. Chan! He is simply the best!

June 22nd, 2012
Dr. Chan is the best
Dr. Chan delivered 3 of my children, 2 of them being high risk pregnancies he returned my calls no matter what time day or night. I later had medical issues that were not properly diagnosed by another OB with different insurance, so I returned to Dr. Chan & after first visit back going over symptoms he was able to get my pain under control & soon after the diagnosis to deal with root of the problem. He is a very experienced Doctor & in my eyes the very BEST OB ever :) I was a patient of Dr. Chan for over 18 yearsSadly due to my insurance change, he is no longer my OB

April 14th, 2009
2-3 hours waiting, Not Responsible, Don't know what he is doing
Too many patients and wait at least 2-3 hours to see him. He took very short time to see you. Doctor was NOT sure the little surgery done right at his office and sent back to another doctor to make sure he was done right. He did not asked about tubal ligation or others which I had told him I don't want anymore baby after this pregnancy. He is not a responsible doctor !