Dr. Philip Chironis, MD
Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
by Mary Lindquist on Apr 20th, 2015

I live in Mission Viejo and was looking for an ENT for my mother for her hearing Aids. Dr. Chironis was so helpful and patient with my mother. Nice location in Newport Beach, over by HOAG Hospital. Dr. Chironis is now our new ENT doctor and would recommend.

Newport Native show details Newport Native
Apr 16th, 2015

Dr. Chironis has been assisting me with my sinuses for years and he is the most professional doctor I have come in contact with. His staff is accommodating and always helpful.

Ear Infection show details Ear Infection
by Melanie Smith on Apr 6th, 2015

I was on vacation in Newport Beach and I was having issues with my ears. I woke up and knew they were infected so I looked up the closest ENT on Yelp and Dr. Chironis popped up. I called and asked if they accepted my insurance and they wee so helpful in fitting me in. I got my medication and felt better within a couple days. Nice office and an even better staff.

Tonsils show details Tonsils
by Barbara Andrews on Mar 2nd, 2015

Having trouble with my tonsils and Dr. Chironis properly diagnosed and now I'm feeling great. Thanks for being friendly. Nice office too. Very clean

Hearing Aids show details Hearing Aids
Feb 26th, 2015

accommodating and patient with me. Very nice doctor. Hearing aids were perfect

Sinuses show details Sinuses
Feb 21st, 2015

Very professional and friendly. My sinuses have improved greatly and I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Chironis in Newport Beach.

Not a good doctor! show details Not a good doctor!
Jun 11th, 2013

Checkup was very fast and rushed. He could not diagnose my problem. No communication skills, he is not even trying to comfort you, just makes you feel worse and like you can never be cured!

Best doctor in orange county! show details Best doctor in orange county!
Apr 8th, 2012

My hearing loss was becoming a huge problem. It became worse and worse.... I came this clinic.... Phil for all my treatment. Wendy and his staff had been the greatest. I have since referred several patients to dr Phil and his practice. highly recommended orange punts premier nose and throate doctor!

Best doctor in orange county! show details Best doctor in orange county!
by CameronSight at Citysearch on Apr 8th, 2012 on citysearch.com

So I moved here 8 months ago, and came to doctor phil for my hearing. He really knows his stuff,has a great staff, and extremely professioanl practice. Highly recommended!

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
Dec 9th, 2011

I was very happy with Dr Chironis. Very minimal wait time on every appointment. Great follow up and very kind and courteous staff. Great cutting edge products, it is amazing how far technology has come with hearing aids. I would definitely reccomend everyone to see this doctor for your specific needs. Thank you doctor....Tom

The greatest experience! show details The greatest experience!
Dec 9th, 2011

Hello. I am 41 years old and have suffered severe hearing loss. I have been a patient to at this office for over 2 years now. I have nothing but great things to say about my sevices and needs from my hearing specialist Wendy Myer-eberhard and Dr Chironis. I am currently using the Lyric (invisible hearing aid) and i have to say it is a MIRACLE! I can hear birds, wind, people whispering, etc. It has been 12 years since my hearing has been this great.i use to be very self concience to talk to groups of people or even one on one because i could not hear during a simple conversation. Now i am more outgoing and more motivated with my new hearing device, the great thing about it is that you cannot see it at ALL!!! Thanks to Wendy and staff this has been a very pleasant experience and i would recommend anyone to their office!! Thanks, Paul Noyes

Great Doctor Great Staff! show details Great Doctor Great Staff!
by Paulnoyes70 at Citysearch on Dec 9th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Hello. I have been a patient with this office for over 2 years now. Everyone in this office is very professional and polite. The doctor and assistants have helped me tremendously with my hearing loss. They having cutting edge products that are really a miracle. Wendy is one of the specialist and she is very professional and knowledgeable. Wendy gave me a new hearing device called the LYRIC, it is invisible and fits perfect into my ear. I can hear normal sounds like birds chirping, wind, people whispering, etc...Wendy has changed my life with this device, i never had any problems getting fitted. I will continue to use these specialist for life. i would highly recommend this office to anyone. Thank you Wendy and Dr. Chironis.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Dec 18th, 2010

My child had an extremely rare tumor in his ear that had been misdiagnosed as an ear infection by another doctor. Dr. Chironis helped expedite a CAT scan to confirm the correct diagnosis, and helped us get treatment from the world's leading surgeon in this area. He was very compassionate and helpful throughout the process, and saved my son's hearing.

Worst of the worst! show details Worst of the worst!
Oct 20th, 2010

He has no communication skills , no listening ability, no respect to a patien ! Worst of the worst!

Allergy Woman show details Allergy Woman
by allergy woman on Jul 18th, 2010

Was not able to diagnosis a simple sinus infection. Dr in a hurry had to many patients scheduled for the same time. Love the talking caller id in the office nothing says medical privacy at its best then having your full name announced by the phone in the office so everyone in the waiting room can hear. Special thanks to the doctor himself for letting me walk around with an infection for longer than what was necessary keep up the good work.

Mediocre, too rushed & didn't help us show details Mediocre, too rushed & didn't help us
by Thomas on Feb 13th, 2009

We had to see Dr. Chironis for insurance & were disappointed for the time and $$ we put in my son's tonsillitis and wife's hearing aids. They mixed up my records and didn't spend much time or attention on us plus didn't diagnose my wife. We had to return the expensive hearing aids for my wife that the girl couldn't even program and didn't work.

by sunnytom on Jan 31st, 2009 on citysearch.com

My husband got hearing aids from Dr. Chironis off the internet we thought just didn't work well. But he was with another relative at a real ear specialist and they were squealing. Well, that audiologist took a look and they were programmed all wrong

by Warren1982 on Dec 30th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I too got rounds of antibiotics, lightning flash visits without help till I saw an ear specialists which Dr. Chironis isn't but didn't say. His hearing test girl isn't a licensed audiologist. My uncle got defective hearing aids for 6 grand he couldn't

Sinus Problems show details Sinus Problems
by Citysearch User on Oct 22nd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I suffered from stuffy nose for years and wasted lots of money on good food that I couldn`t taste. Dr. Chironis took care of that for me, a...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
by SevenofNine on May 28th, 2008 on citysearch.com

The woman previous obviously has no clue what she's saying, as she is not the doctor and is most likely a stay at home mom with no life and too much time to complain. Dr. Chironis is the one who spent years in medical school, not you, lady. So sit back an

by sinusheadaches on Feb 10th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Chironis must have a contract with pharacutical companies, all he did was perscribe antibiotic after antibiotic, which never took care of the problem fully, the problem always came back. He didn't take the time to review my case from my primary care p