Dr. Philip Coff MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

July 11th, 2016
No thank you
Of the five 1 stars I gave, four of them would have been lower if at all possible. This man was rude, inconsiderate and along with the staff I was in contact with, completely unapologetic for their lack of common courtesy. I have waited 3 months for my follow up appt. only to be called today to be told it would be anther 7 weeks... I will not go back to him.

June 1st, 2016
A doctor who is thorough.
Although Dr. Coff can seem abrupt, he is a doctor who provide excellent care. Dr. Coff in thorough in his research on the issues he is addressing and is willing to seek second opinions to make certain that he is not missing something (no God syndrome). Dr. Coff does not have the bedside manner that offers hand holding, he tells a patient like it is. Dr. Coff has personally called after hours to check on how my husband is doing when we are struggling to get a balance with his Crohns disease. Dr. Coff is conscientious in the care he provides making certain to provide the best possible care. We are grateful for his care after having a different gastroenterologist nearly be the end of my husband.

April 29th, 2016
Rude, Mean So called Doctor
Memorable yes...so bad I can't put it into words. My dying wife was struggling to live and all he could do was berate her. She Died, and I will never forgive the bad experience I had with this Coff man. If you love someone, never let them come into contact with this man.

June 30th, 2015
Run Away If You Do Care About Your Life
My review is based on my own experience and the experience my husband went through a couple days ago. It happened so that my husband has been hospitalised last week with bleeding. The matter of bleeding was worsened because he takes anticoagulants and he lost significant amount of blood. While the doctors tried to bring the level of hemoglobin to normal, at the same time they tried to figure the source of bleeding. When I knew that Mr.Coff (I can't call him a doctor in spite of the fact that he graduated from some medical institution) is on the list to do a colonoscopy procedure I had had already doubts because of my own unsatisfied previous experience. After the procedure (20 minutes) was over, I've been invited to the room where my husband was. Mr. Coff talked to my sedated husband completely ignoring me. On my questions about the procedure, the results, other why? what if? when? Mr.Coff rudely interrupting me, and with not hidden irritation how much I annoy him, gave the same answers "I don't know", "Not at this moment", "May be", "May be not" and last what I've heard from him was his advice to "go and mind my own business, and don't push). The source of bleeding wasn't found during the colonoscopy procedure that Mr.Coff held. Based on the conclusion Mr.Coff gave after that procedure, our hospital doctor told us about a possibility to have colectomy surgery (a surgical procedure to remove all or part of your colon - in the case of my husband - all colon). Time was going on, my husband kept loosing blood. They gave him total of 7 blood transfusions. He stayed at the hospital almost a week, because of wasted time. If only Mr. Coff was not in a hurry and took another 10 minutes to do his job. I insisted on a second opinion and another doctor for the same procedure. Another doctor took more time and effort to perform more detailed observation and FOUND a reason of bleeding and literally saved my husband from having a bag outside of his body for the rest of his life! Read all previous reviews! I can sign after each of them, but those 2 who gave positive feedbacks. There is the truth in each word: he is rude, he is unprofessional, seems like he doesn't know what he is doing or what he is talking about, no communication skills, no humanity, no soul, no compassion, no heart in this person. This is a big SHAME they keep him! VOTE HIM OUT! I am wondering, how many other people DID NOT take a second opinion and became a victim of Dr. Coff's conclusion without even knowing it! A doctor's mistake is unforgettable and unforgivable! If you don't want it happens to you, VOTE HIM OUT!!!

January 17th, 2014
I am alive today because of this man. Who cares about him not having such a great bedside manner, he gets things done, he's very thorough, I'd rather have him concentrating on my health than worrying about whether he smiled at me ... just saying

February 7th, 2013
patient
overall bedside manner was less than genuine

October 17th, 2012
Big difference between first office visit and susequent care
Dr. Coff seemed irritated during my first office visit. He didn't seem very interested in me as a person. However, after that he was warm, caring and helpful. I don't know what changed his attitude, but I sure am glad he did!

May 15th, 2012
Finally!
A gastroenterologist who gets it! Admittedly, the first 5 minutes seemed rough at first but this doctor does seem to genuinely care about his patients. Once we went over my case history he and I discussed at length what treatment options had been tried and were still available to me. At the end of the appt he told me to keep him posted as to my progress and any changes made in my treatment regime.

September 13th, 2011
Are you kidding me?
This guy really doesn't know what he is doing. He won't listen to what you say, Questions what you say if he allows you to say anything. He has a lousy attention span and drifts the conversation to a place where? It is plain and simple that it is best to stay away from him. Under his care you will probubly die before getting any positive results. Vote him out.

February 16th, 2011
This doctor, when asked questions, gave incorrect or incomplete answers. He didn't seem to even care about answering the questions that I had about my illness - had an attitude of impatience. The follow-up was abysmal, even after repeated calls to his office for information about post operative issues. I felt like I was just rushed through the procedure (colonoscopy) for his benefit - the easy money medicare route.