A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Cogen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Cogen is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cogen
Epilepsy Patient Education Learn about epilepsy and seizures in our patient education guide and how this brain disorder affects people.Before Visiting Dr. Cogen Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Cogen, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Medulloblastoma)
- CNS Tumor (Ependymoma)
- Cerebellar Cancer
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors
- Spinal Cord Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Cogen graduated from New York University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Cogen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip Harry Cogen MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Philip H. Cogen practice?
- Dr. Philip Cogen has 1 office location.
Dr. Philip Cogen practices Neurological Surgery near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Neurological Surgeons.