Family Practitioner, Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

10640 Riverside Dr
North Hollywood, CA 91602
818-755-6500
Locations and availability (8)

2.5

|  Very happy  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2013

Just had my left rotator cuff cuff repaired. I am extremly pleased with his work. I had him repair mi right sholder repaired back in Mar 2013. My right sholder workes better than i remember it ever working before. My left sholder was just done Jun 5, 2013. Still realitvly sore as it had only been about 3 1/2 days post op. but i can tell the difference. This doc is excellent. For a surgeon that does work comp work he really cares that he does his best work an makes sure to make pain control a top priority. I highly recomend his work.

|  Better than I expected  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2013

Just Had my right rotator cuff repaired. The doctor went above and beyond control my pain. Surgery went extremely well. 2 1/2 weeks after surgery I nearly have full range of motion again without severe pain. I am going to have my left rotator cuff done by this doctor. I'm very pleased with his work.

|  Worst service ever no EMPATHY  |  show details
by Merce judge on Mar 1st, 2013

I ended in ER with a stress stomach ache per doctor. When in stress the stomach releases acids. This man did not acknowledge me as a person NOT ONCE DID HE LOOK AT ME WHEN SPEAKING AND HE DIDNT WANT TO HEAR WHAT I HAD TO SAY. It was like if he had a grudge on me, hated me or my aura or vibes didn't agree with him. LESS THAN ZERO STARS. OR JUST HATES WHAT HE DOES BUT LOVES HIS CHECK BECAUSE HE DOESN'T GET MINIMUM WAGE. It didn't dawn on me I was late to appt. but they accepted my apology. IF ANYTHING HE HATES NON PUNCTUAL CLIENTS. I was patient for two hours till he came in the room. Merce J.

|  Run, if you can. Because if you can't, you won't find help here.  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

I think he has left this office, but all doctors and staff at this office have a cavalier attitude about their jobs. This guy, Conwaiser treated you like you were a complete waste of his time. A depressed man who hated his job.

Jun 6th, 2012

Very professional. Very smart. I was nervous to have surgery but he made me feel at ease with his confidence and he was very caring. My PT was impressed with my progress, small scars and healing time. I would never use anyone else.

|  Felt like I was being rushed through  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

I went to Dr. Conwisar with two problems: A bone spur in my shoulder and something very wrong with my knee.Without showing me the x-rays or explaining anything to me, he set me up therapy on my shoulder and an MRI on my knee. When I returned to his office after the MRI he told me I had to have surgery. In answer to my question of what was wrong he muttered Torn meniscus. I had occasion to go to Utah to visit family; When my sister heard how little Dr. Conwisar had told me, was she got me in to see her friend who is also an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Mattsson took x-rays of both shoulder and knee and actually showed them to me with complete explanations. He said the bone spur was huge and probably doing a large amount of damage to tissue. He said that while the therapy probably was not helping, it certainly wasnt helping. (Later I flew back to Utah and had him operate on my shoulder. He proved to be correct).He then said he could not tell me about the knee without the results of the MRI. We faxed a request for that information to the office. The following morning the information had not been sent. I called the office in Van Nuys to find that they did not have the request, and suggested that maybe the doctor in Utah did not send it. I told her that I was standing over the fax machine at the time and that it had been sent and confirmed. I also told her that if I the information did not get to Dr. Mattsson that day, I would cancel the surgery. So the office had lost the first request; a typical problem so I read. After receiving the MRI report, Dr. Mattsson told me that there was a torn lateral and a torn medial meniscus. He said he could fix it in about a half hour. Because Dr. Conwisar was rated high for surgery, and since it was already scheduled, I went through the surgerty as scheduled.On the follow up visit after surgery I asked Dr. Conwisar why my calf hurt so much. He immediately sent me to St. Josephs hospital to get an ultra sound in case of blood clot. It turns out there was not a blood clot.Dr. Conwisar did not set up any follow up for either the shoulder or the knee.My calf still hurts but I dont trust him enough to make an appointment with him.Want to be pushed through like a line at a fast food place ? Dr. Conwisar is your man. Next !

|  Find a doctor who Cares RUN Don't WALK!!!!!!  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

I think that he spent MAYBE a total of two min. with be on my last visit and didn't even recognize me as being a previous patient. And I don't mean just once before.Here is a list of what he has seen me before on. Broken collar bone (twice),Broken hand and most recently before this visit a broken Pelvis (3 places)I went this time for a hip replacement and asked about the new "anterior" approach and he told me he didn't do it because that wasn't the way he was trained.He wanted to make a huge incision up the back of my leg, cut all the muscles and told me I would be out of work for at least 6 weeks (I have a strenuous job). I told him I wanted to think about it.I called my Primary for a second opinion and before I could get it Conweiser sent a letter confirming my surgery date that I did not agree too.Long story I had the Anterior Approach and was in the hospital 44 hours walked out and had my wife drive me to work where I ran a press for 3 hours.3 weeks and am walking unaided.GOOD LUCK

Jun 13th, 2011

Dr. Conwisar was very good in treating my teenage son. His diagnosis was right on and lead to a positive recovery.

Jan 26th, 2011

I think Dr Conwisar is smart, professional and caring. Would recommend him to everyone!

|  Not sure why he has such bad ratings, my visit went very well.  |  show details
by MB on Oct 5th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Conwisar through my insurance. At first I was not sure what to think and I was nervous and not familiar with getting x-rays or any type of serious medical procedures. But from my first appointment with Dr. Conwisar he made me feel at ease and took the time to walk me through my shoulder x-ray and how the procedure to fix the problem would work. I would defiantly recommend him to potential clients. It has been a 2 months now and my shoulder feels good as new and my surgery went smoothly and my recovery time painless.

|  I would definitely recommend Dr. Conwisar to a friend or family member.  |  show details
by moe B at Insider Pages on Oct 5th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Terrible all around!  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

HORRIBLE STAY AWAY!!!! I cannot say enough bad stuff about Dr. Conwisar and his office staff. I have been hung up on, interrupted and yelled at. His nurse doesn't return calls. He has horrible bedside manner and spends as little amount of time possible with each patient. When I called to tell them that I couldn't have surgery b/c I found out I was pregnant they got mad at me and hung up. They make you wait over an hour and a half past your appointment time every time you go. The girls at the front desk would rather gossip loudly about patients than get any work done. When someone does approach the desk they get talked down to and treated horribly. I hate this office, this doctor and all of the staff. Do not go there if you can help it. Request a new doctor from your insurance! Don't say I didn't warn you!

Oct 29th, 2009

Highly professional but needs to developa better bedside manner and smile a little during office visits. His mannerism during office visits can be interpreted as having a bad day but I think he is a fine surgeon.

|  Poor Bedside Manner  |  show details
by Disappointed on Sep 21st, 2009

He needs to spend a least more than 3 mins with his patient and educate them how broken bones work and heal.