A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Deffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Deffer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Deffer
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Deffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Deffer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Deffer graduated from Texas Tech University , Lubbock.
Dr. Deffer has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Spencer Hospital
- Buena Vista Reginal Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip Augustus Deffer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Philip A. Deffer practice?
- Dr. Philip Deffer has 1 office location.
Dr. Philip Deffer practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Spencer, IA.
See Spencer Surgeons and Spencer Orthopedic Surgeons.