A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Deffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Deffer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Deffer
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Deffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Deffer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Deffer graduated from Texas Tech University , Lubbock.
Dr. Deffer has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Spencer Hospital
- Buena Vista Reginal Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip Augustus Deffer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Philip A. Deffer practice?
- Dr. Philip Deffer has 4 office locations.
Dr. Philip Deffer practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Spencer, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Storm Lake, IA and Cherokee, IA.
See Spencer Orthopedic Surgeons and Spencer Surgeons.