Dr. Philip Ellerin MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Burlington, MA

August 28th, 2014
There was a wait, but overall will return
He took time to explain my condition even though he just saw an urgent case

May 7th, 2013
Not worth the wait...
More interested in selling product and services than treating patients. Long wait times, sometimes more than an hour.

May 8th, 2012
Jasmin
I'm writing this as a warning to anyone who values his or her time. I have been a patient of Dr. Ellerin's on and off again for about 3 years. My typical experience in terms of waiting for my appointment is in the 30 to 45 minute range. Today, after waiting for 50 minutes and being told that I wouldn't be seen for at least another 20 minutes, I left without being seen at all. This is the second time that my wait time has been in excess of 60 minutes, and the second time that I have left without being seen. I understand that everyone runs a little late, but this is pervasive for this particular doctor and shows a general lack of respect for other people's time. Comically, when I arrived to my appointment, there were several people waiting who were actually discussing what time their appointments were scheduled for and how long they were waiting. I should have immediately realized what I was in for (again). When I aired my grievance to the very nice woman at the front desk, a young man who also waiting in excess of 30 minutes validated my perspective that this, too, happens to him every time he has an appointment. Dr. Ellerin is nice guy, but his general demeanor and talent certainly do not justify the hours of investment to be expended in waiting to be seen. This isn't a situation where someone is simply running late, but rather one where continuous overbooking or not allowing the appropriate amount of time for an appointment negatively impacts client experience. Needless to say, I will no longer be a patient of Dr. Ellerin.

October 14th, 2010
Doctor Ellerin was 50 minutes late and when I politely told the nurse that I'm very busy and I need to see the doctor right away, the doctor came in and told me his time was more valuable than mine. How can a doctor tell his patient that their time in invaluable? The whole time he was explaining about my condition he didn't even look at my face and answered my question in a very disrespectful way. What was more unbelievable was that he refused to write me a prescription and didn't want me to take me in as a patient! I've never experienced a doctor that is as rude and unprofessional as him. I strongly advise people to go to another dermatology clinic because he doesn't respect his patients! But I thought the office staff was professional and wanted to help. I think the doctor should learn from his office staff on how to treat his patient!!

July 15th, 2010
Great Staff!
I have to disagree with the previous comment. I've been a patient of Dr. Ellerin's for years and his staff is wonderful. The people up front are always friendly and I've never had any problems. I've seen Dr. Ellerin once, but I usually see his PA who is great. Overall, I would recommend Dr. Ellerin's office.

June 29th, 2010
Great doctor, staff & general
Dr. Ellerin seems to be a great and qualified doctor in his field. He is also a cosmetic dermatologist though, so if you need something simple like a sunscreen for your head, you end up being pushed into buying a $40+ 4 ounce bottle of what is essentially just some zinc. I had good experiences the few times I had to visit him, but his staff is fairly rude. One of the receptionists I won't name tends to laugh when asked questions where the patient wrongly assumes something. "Can I get my records today?" Condescending laughter - "no, it's at least a 3 day wait". "Do you take this type of insurance?" Condescending laughter, then: "No no...sorry, haha...um, looks like you have to go somewhere else or pay the $200 fee to us directly." I consider the staff in a doctor's office the face of the operation. Generally speaking, the nurse and doctor are pleasant to deal with and answer questions thoroughly and thoughtfully, the Dr. Ellerin's business & practice lose points with me due to the awful way the staff treat patients.