Dr. Philip Forno Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Philip Forno?

October 14th, 2017

Great doc

Dr. Forno is top-notch. I broke my wrist and was referred to dr. Chun, but chose to see dr. Forno instead based on reputation. He was very straightforward and explained to me my options, allowing me to choose the right option for me. I underwent surgery and had a painless and quick recovery, returning to work in 2 weeks. My wrist functions perfectly now and I can’t even see the scar. It does take a while to get into see him, but it’s worth the wait. Five stars

October 11th, 2017

Wait was way too long

I had one of the first appointments in the morning and I still had to wait about an hour to get in. This is very unprofessional. They need to figure out how to schedule appointments better.

February 21st, 2017

First Rate Doctor

From the minute Dr Forno made his diagnosis, took the TIME to explain my injury, and that surgery was needed I felt completely ar ease. He was honest in telling me that I had an 85 % chance of success and that I should go home and think about it. He also explained it was a long term commitment. I respected his candor. The surgery to repair a complete tear of my rotator cuff and bicep tendon was a complete success and I must say NEARLY pain free. Dr. Forno was easily accessible when I had a question before & after surgery. Follow-up care was exceptional and kudos to his office staff also.

February 29th, 2016

carpal tunnel release

I had two carpal tunnel release surgeries. Everything went very smoothly. Dr. Forno is very kind and knowledgeable.

February 5th, 2016

Two times in 6 years he has saved my life and healed my injuries

I have been Dr. Forno's patient through 2 major surgeries - 5 years apart - he rebuilt my arm and hand after a rollover accident, and he rebuilt my ankle after a slip and fall. Both times he did an exceptional job at repairing the injury. He has great surgical skills and I trust him completely when he works on me. You can tell that he loves his profession by the way he handles a patient's injury. I wish I could use him as my primary care physician. I know I would be in good hands.

February 5th, 2016

Wonderful doc

I saw doctor Forno as a second opinion for my hand problem after seeing two doctors in Albuquerque and one in Santa Fe. I essentially had three different opinions about what to do about my ongoing pin and weakness. Dr. Forno took the time to explain all the other opinions that I received better than the original doctors that gave them to me. He then explained to me what he would do which sounded much better than the other's opinions. I ended up choosing to have the surgery with Dr. Forno as I felt extremely comfortable with his demeanor, knowledge, and explanations. I've since gone through surgery and therapy and all I can say is wow! Dr. Forno, his staff, facility, and therapists are some of the best I've encountered (including the mayo clinic). My wrist is fully functional, strong, dexterous, and pain free after years of chronic problems. I didn't know it could feel this good. He has a well deserved incredible reputation, and is certainly worth the wait as he is very busy given his reputation. Excellent physician, again on par or above those even at famous institutions.

February 3rd, 2016

Worst experience with a Doctor that I have ever had.

I waited 2-hours for my appointment which I arrived 30-minuts early for. My total wait time was 2-1/2 hours. When I was finally called back to see Dr. Forno, he was extremely rushed, rude and arrogant. I literally saw him for 5-minutes and he told me that I would have to live with discomfort for at least a year, before he would consider helping me any further. He has terrible bedside manners. If you are looking for a Dr. who is truly compassionate and caring, then go elsewhere. Dr. Forno does not care about his patients.

May 1st, 2015

Great

Great doc. Excellent surgeon. There's a reason all the docs, nurses, and PTs see him themselves

April 24th, 2015

Great

Took the time to explain all the options to me. Very supportive of my initial choice not to perform surgery. I think we exhausted every possible option before I decided to have surgery. So very glad I did and so very glad I chose Dr. Forno. His stellar reputation in Santa Fe is well deserved. Great guy, great doctor. Surgery went perfectly, and rehab, although long, got me back to feeling normal again. Full motion, no pain. An amazing feeling. Office staff and hospital staff excellent as well. Can't say enough good things. Only complaint is that he is extremely busy, and hard to get into see, but he's well worth the wait.

April 23rd, 2015

Patient

Not promising

April 12th, 2015

Amazing job on boyfriends arm

Amazing job repairing my boyfriend's torn triceps. Surgery and recovery have been a complete success (several months have passed). Was a really humorous and enjoyable doctor, and would definitely recommend to anyone. The hospital where the surgery was done had the most pleasant and personable staff I have ever met in a hospital. What good fortune it was to have found this team.

February 25th, 2015

Hand is working again

I had the same surgery on my right hand several years ago (with another doctor) and was pleased, but this time around (left hand) was much better. The overall experience (surgery, OT, recovery) far exceeded the last time and I had functionality much faster. Thank you Dr. Forno