Dr. Philip Forno MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 29th, 2016
carpal tunnel release
I had two carpal tunnel release surgeries. Everything went very smoothly. Dr. Forno is very kind and knowledgeable.

February 5th, 2016
Two times in 6 years he has saved my life and healed my injuries
I have been Dr. Forno's patient through 2 major surgeries - 5 years apart - he rebuilt my arm and hand after a rollover accident, and he rebuilt my ankle after a slip and fall. Both times he did an exceptional job at repairing the injury. He has great surgical skills and I trust him completely when he works on me. You can tell that he loves his profession by the way he handles a patient's injury. I wish I could use him as my primary care physician. I know I would be in good hands.

February 4th, 2016
Wonderful doc
I saw doctor Forno as a second opinion for my hand problem after seeing two doctors in Albuquerque and one in Santa Fe. I essentially had three different opinions about what to do about my ongoing pin and weakness. Dr. Forno took the time to explain all the other opinions that I received better than the original doctors that gave them to me. He then explained to me what he would do which sounded much better than the other's opinions. I ended up choosing to have the surgery with Dr. Forno as I felt extremely comfortable with his demeanor, knowledge, and explanations. I've since gone through surgery and therapy and all I can say is wow! Dr. Forno, his staff, facility, and therapists are some of the best I've encountered (including the mayo clinic). My wrist is fully functional, strong, dexterous, and pain free after years of chronic problems. I didn't know it could feel this good. He has a well deserved incredible reputation, and is certainly worth the wait as he is very busy given his reputation. Excellent physician, again on par or above those even at famous institutions.

February 3rd, 2016
Worst experience with a Doctor that I have ever had.
I waited 2-hours for my appointment which I arrived 30-minuts early for. My total wait time was 2-1/2 hours. When I was finally called back to see Dr. Forno, he was extremely rushed, rude and arrogant. I literally saw him for 5-minutes and he told me that I would have to live with discomfort for at least a year, before he would consider helping me any further. He has terrible bedside manners. If you are looking for a Dr. who is truly compassionate and caring, then go elsewhere. Dr. Forno does not care about his patients.

May 1st, 2015
Great
Great doc. Excellent surgeon. There's a reason all the docs, nurses, and PTs see him themselves

April 23rd, 2015
Great
Took the time to explain all the options to me. Very supportive of my initial choice not to perform surgery. I think we exhausted every possible option before I decided to have surgery. So very glad I did and so very glad I chose Dr. Forno. His stellar reputation in Santa Fe is well deserved. Great guy, great doctor. Surgery went perfectly, and rehab, although long, got me back to feeling normal again. Full motion, no pain. An amazing feeling. Office staff and hospital staff excellent as well. Can't say enough good things. Only complaint is that he is extremely busy, and hard to get into see, but he's well worth the wait.

April 23rd, 2015
Patient
Not promising

April 11th, 2015
Amazing job on boyfriends arm
Amazing job repairing my boyfriend's torn triceps. Surgery and recovery have been a complete success (several months have passed). Was a really humorous and enjoyable doctor, and would definitely recommend to anyone. The hospital where the surgery was done had the most pleasant and personable staff I have ever met in a hospital. What good fortune it was to have found this team.

February 25th, 2015
Hand is working again
I had the same surgery on my right hand several years ago (with another doctor) and was pleased, but this time around (left hand) was much better. The overall experience (surgery, OT, recovery) far exceeded the last time and I had functionality much faster. Thank you Dr. Forno

February 25th, 2015
Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
Excellent! Did endoscopic carpal tunnel release on both of my hands. Took all of 4 minutes per side and no nasty anesthetia! Was totally painless and went back to work on my jewelry business (I hand craft jewelry) in 2 days. All my symptoms are gone and u can sleep again at night. He's an amazing surgeon and a really good guy too! Highly recommended.

February 17th, 2015
The very best I've seen
I've had the opportunity to be under Dr. Forno's care multiple times for multiple different problems over the past 5 years, some large and some small. I've probably seen him more than 20 or 39 times. No matter what the problem, the situation, my mood, or my fears he's vern easy to talk to, supportve, helpful, kind, and extraordinarily knowledgable and skillful. My husband and children are his patients, he has a stellar reputation in Santa fe, and many of my friends have been his patients, all with excellent results. I and everybody Who knows him trusts and respects him intrinsically. Too bad the reviewer below had a bad experience, but I highly doubt it was Dr. Forno who was the cause of it.

February 16th, 2015
Rude is as Rude Does... Overall Bad Experience
I have seen this Doctor two times in two years. My experience with him has been consistently poor. He interrupts within seconds of asking what is going on; he doesn't listen, he is rude, condescending and mean. He acts bored with his job and very unhappy. Today he told me he had the flu and when I asked if he was contagious, he said he "didnt think so"?? He then proceeded to jab me literally with a cortizsone shot without numbing hte area and when I pulled back and said I couldn't do it he was SO lacking in any compassion for my fear. I asked for numbing solution and he said it wouldn't help. He then said that he wasn't sure he could give me another shot if I was going to jerk away because I would be endangering him?? I left the office in tears. He is awful! This guy needs to leave the field of Medicine! Awful