Dr. Philip Hughes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 20th, 2016
Wonderful overall experience. Staff was courteous and Dr. Hughes cured my skin condition in a matter of 2 visits!

August 23rd, 2013
Beware!
I chose this doctor based on his impressive website; he looked like the best in town. I went in for a $105 consult on dermal injections (they do not accept insurance). Was careful to be prompt myself, yet waited a full 1.5 hrs before seeing the doc. No apology for the wait. Despite the long wait I was excited and hopeful and ready to get the injections. Surprise! He had a shockingly bad attitude and sorry to say, bad breath too. He didn't even look closely at my face, just rattled off a scrip and muttered I can inject you right now if you want. Even though I really wanted the treatment, his horrendous bedside manner, poor hygiene and general slovenliness (huge, not-fresh rip in his lab coat) made my instincts kick in: no WAY should you let this guy put a needle in your face! To add insult to injury, after a rushed, shabby appointment, I was so upset I didn't realize til I got home they had charged me $135. Called the office to ask about the $30 extra they said my appt was an "extended" one, hence the over charge. I politely expressed my bad experience with the doctor. The response:"That's your opinion." Horrible place.

August 22nd, 2013
Not the best
His staff was a little snobbish...It might have been because I look a little young, either way they weren't as friendly as I would have hoped for what they are charging you. Dr huges was friendly, I didnt feel as though he was paying attention to my concerns. He did prescribe me some creams and pills that did nothing for my acne. I might have just been my experience but I would give him a C-. At $105 for just looking at my face and prescribing cream? I feel as though he could have paid more attention & maybe my acne would be gone.

September 1st, 2012
Awful bedside manner
Dr. Hughes did not approach me in a caring way. In addition, he was very insulting to me because I was still nursing my baby at 1 yr. old. He called me a radical, nursing mom and accused me of being in La Leche League. I was very offended and uncomfortable by his remarks.