Dr. Philip Ivey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 9th, 2016
Dr Ivey is the best! He has been my doctor for 13 years! He always treats me with the utmost respect and genuine care. I can always count on him to give me clear, sound advice. He is very knowledgeable and you will never doubt your importance to him as a patient.

March 3rd, 2015
Actually cares about his patients. Listens to all questions and concerns.

January 28th, 2015
Great Doctor With Great Staff

July 22nd, 2014
patient
I was referred to Dr Ivey by my daughter , he delivered her baby and I couldn't have been miore pleased. He was so friendly and personable and very caring about my health , I felt completely comfortable with him. I would recommend him to any woman in need of an ob/gyn

May 4th, 2012
New Patient
Thoroughly enjoyed my first visit w/ Dr. Ivy! He's very engaging & he is also fun to talk w/. He spent an hour w/ me!! I am glad that there are still physicians who can look at alternative therapies w/o putting up walls. I can't wait to continue our relationship w/ my pregnancy!

November 14th, 2011
I Like Dr.Ivey
He was a good o.b doctor to me.

November 13th, 2011
This Dr. lacks experience in high risk patients that are pregnant. He will send you to be evaluated by a oncologist specialist, but does not follow through with any of their recommendations. At seven months my daughters blood pressure was elevated, blood stopped clotting, she started losing weight and protein in urine. This should have been a huge red flag to the Dr.. Within two weeks my daughter lost her baby. He did not do an ultrasound at the time all these problems began. This could have all been controlled and avoided if he had followed the instructions of the specialist and the baby could have been delivered immediately. I highly recommend that you seek another Dr. if you are a high risk patient!

August 30th, 2010
Very Bad
Through my experience Dr Ivey is just an insurance chaser. I was a patient of his for 3 years until a problem presented itself. I had to wait over 2 weeks for an appointment; I have yet to receive a Dr. Call back after 3 requests which include the need for lab results and some sort of direction for follow up treatment. I asked for paperwork in order to arrange for a 2nd opinion and was notified that if I was to see another Dr I would never be welcome back to his practice along with a $25 charge for my medical records. This Dr is very nice if everything is going smoothly and if he can submit large returns to the insurance company but please watch out if you actually need car for anything other than a normal pap. Other complaints for this office include being left alone after I complained of being dizzy; light headed and nauseous from a biopsy procedure. Being 30 and handed a brochure for getting my tubes tied before he walked out of the room right before I told him I felt I was going to pass out. He has yet to inform me of anything I am going through and his last words to me about my complication were - at worst case you'll need a hysterectomy but I should be fine - now it's 2 weeks later I still have had no call back and no lab results although I just received a letter from his office stating the termination of me from their office. Dr Philip Ivey is prime example of poor healthcare and I now understand why he has the most advertisements out there. I would never recommend anyone to be under his care

June 22nd, 2010
Excellent and caring
Loved having Dr. Ivey for all my prenatal and postnatal care. He delivered my son - with no episiotomy! - and took great care of us afterward. I look forward to seeing him for any future OB/GYN needs and I highly recommend him to everyone.

February 19th, 2010
Opinion on Doctor Ivey
This is an amazing doctor really. I am glad to have had him as my ob/gyn. I would recommend him to everybody.

September 8th, 2009
Very Caring
When I delivered, when Dr. Ivey was seeing patients, he ran across the field and delivered my precious Alicia. After the delivery he stepped back and let me and my husband enjoy our bonding. I thought that was very considerate. Thank You Dr. Ivey.

September 1st, 2009
HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR!!!
Dr Ivey is a great doctor!! He was my doctor with my last pregnancy and is still my current doctor.I had some complications with my labor with my daughter and he got there after my daughter was born. My labor was only about 2 hours long and abbie wasn't gonna wait for anyone. He got there soon as she came out and didn't leave my side. He was a great doctor and even my husband liked him! He went above and beyond to make sure I was ok and comfortable!