Overall Review

2.8
  • 5 reviews

June 11th, 2014
Top notch surgeon
Dr Knight was my son’s surgeon over 25 years ago. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about his abilities in saving my son’s life. Moreover my son is a young adult and was having some concerns about a surgery he had 27 years ago. He now lives out of state and I called Dr Knights office and the staff thought I was funny wanting to speak to him about my 27 year old son. I asked to leave a message with his nurse – I wanted his opinion on which Doctor he should see in the state he now lives in. The nurse called back and said that Dr would like to see him and he would be available when he could make it. My Son Drove 6 hours back to see Dr Knight and not only did he get the answers he needed but he also spent plenty of time discussing his findings on his birth defects over the last 27 yrs. and went through his old chart and explained to him what all he did and what he might need to be aware of. Dr Knight did 6 surgeries over the years and I have doubt he is a top notch surgeon. You might think his bed side manner is not as caring as you would like but the truth is he takes everything serious and he is focused on your child not YOU.

January 26th, 2012
When my son had surgery I asked a question, which actually was a question that my personal physican suggested I asked. He acted like I was worrying for nothing...well excuse me! It is my son's health that I was concerned with! If you need a specialist don't bother with Dr. Knight. Not caring at all!

January 11th, 2012
We have dealt with Dr. knight since my daughter was 3 days old. He saved her life twice. Operating on her as a preemie at only 2lbs. 9 oz. and again when she was 6 yrs old. He was to the point and reassuring when she was in the NICU, but when she was 6, his bedside manners were not the best and he seemed errogant. Now at age 7 we had to see him again. He listened, explained to me things I did not understand, and gave me extra information to look up and read more on her situation. I would recommend Dr. Knight to anyone. He is good at what he does.

November 10th, 2011
worst dr. ever
My son was admitted with right side pain. At first they thought it was appendicitis. It became clear overnight that was not it. When asking the resident what the diagnosis is, she responds with... "um we don't know. Medicine isn't always black or white. We don't always know what causes someones pain." As she is walking out of the room I turn to my husband and say "Did you hear what she just said? They don't know?" She hears me comes back in the room n says with attitude "Do you have any more questions??" I say "no. I wasn't even speaking to you.?" She turns and slams the door.Later that day dr knight comes in. These are his words... "As a matter of fact I did come in here with a chip on my shoulder because you questioned my resident." As he pops his collar "Cant you read? I'm a surgeon. Nobody is over me." "Only stupid people would have unnecessary testing done, but I can certainly STICK your son, send it the CDC, wait 6 wks, STICK him again, wait 6 more weeks and get an exact diagnosis. Is that what you want to do?" "Or. How about I subject your son to dangerous radiation and even more dangerous nuclear dye for a CT scan. Is that what you want?" Two things are clear. 1. I believe we were bullied by an incompetent doctor. After two days in the hospital, we were released with no diagnosis.2. He is teaching his residents to be the same as him. Rude, arrogant, and just as incompetent as he is.

April 21st, 2011
My Daughter was seen by Dr. Kinight at wesley and her did a surgery the wrong surgery I might add and she was sent to KC Childrens Mercy for corrective surgery and almost died because of his screw up!! I will never let him touch or see my child again and have told a bunch of my friends whos children were going to have surgery by him and the have had a different surgeon. Who in there right mind confuses and 10 month old preemie for an adult?!?!? He is be looked after by the State Board of Kansas because it is not the first time