Internists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Fenway - Kenmore - Audubon Circle - Longwood
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Ave
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 632-2175
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

This MD was absolutely fantastic. He sat with me and my wife for a full hour to discuss my prostate cancer diagnosis. Then he actually asked me would I want to know what he would do in my situation. Of course I did, he told me, and his advice was 100% perfect! A wonderful man!

|  Exceptional and professional  |  show details
by -Robert C on Aug 17th, 2011

Dr Kantoff is an unbelievably down-to-earth and friendly doctor, who diagnosed me in 2006 and has remained my favorite doctor since. He is always at the top of his game, knowledgeable about all the newest treatments and side effects of such treatments. Most importantly, he is professional and honest. A MUST-SEE doctor in the Boston area for Prostate Cancer.

|  Great physician  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2010

Dr. Kantoff saw me when I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in 1998. He has kept me alive and without metastasis since then. Everytime my PSA goes up, he has something up his sleeve. He is well versed in current research and open about side effects of treatment. In 2005 he diagnosed a new cancer for me-Kidney Cancer and arranged the proper treatment. I am in remission now. He has a great team, has mentored other physicians and I count on his Nurse Practitioner for providing any needed information or follow up as well. He has been very caring and supportive as well as available to me when needed. TM from Falmouth, Mass.

|  Lots of Credentials - except for Medical Ethics!  |  show details
by former patient on Jan 5th, 2010

This Doctor has alot of training, alot of stars!...alot of publications...Plus he's a Cancer Prectitioner, Dept. Head & Lecturer at Harvard Medical School.HOWEVER, regarding his treating his cancer patients, at the supposedly tops Dana Farber Cancer Institut, Boston, MA, he is very deficient:He is NOT a competent Medical Clinician FROM the cancer patient's standpoint, and the patient SHOULD be the primary focus of a good doctor-1. He treats elderly cancer patients like they're already in the grave!!!2. His in-person appointments are shortand NOT comprehensive.3. He neglected to mention that the Cancer medicine "Lupron," that he prescribed, causes numerous negative physical effects including negatively impacting ones bones!4. He prescribed the Cancer drug "Casodex"-Shortly after that, it came out in the media that the Pharmaceutical Company was heavily paying off doctors to prescribe Casodex!!!(Typical-there is STILL alot of unethical payoffs going on with M.D.'d along with ghost writing of Medical Journal articles, not reporting negative Clinical Trial results to FDA, to eg."N.E.J.M.," not revealing monetary ties to "Big Pharma," to medical machine manufacturers, etc.)One can be impressed by 4-star whatever, by lots of years in practice, by lots of Medical Journal articles - like this doctor has - BUT aren't you looking for excellent medical care???3. Try and get him to return a phone call or answer a fax! No luck there-3. When he was asked about any "Alternative Treatment(s)" for cancer, and was shown sev.articles from professionally reputable Medical Journals, he said he did not know of any service(s) - even at Dana Farber-4.Yet, I kept telling everyone what happened at that last meeting. Then I read 2 weeks later in "Boston Globe" that the Dana Farber Cancer Center DOES have an Alternative Medicine Center.5. I talked around some more, and finally found out that that Alt. Med. Center is called the "Zakim Center"-right around the corner from Dr. Kantoff's Office!!!Maybe,in all fairness, if you can several names, talk with some other patients of Dr. Kantoff-and, get their opinion(s)...