Dr. Philip Kazlow MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Gastroenterology New York, NY

3.4

May 12th, 2015
Wonderful Physician
I've seen this doctor for many year for the care of my son. Contacted him after 8 years to advise of new symptoms. Was given an immediate appointment for a consult and endoscopy. Good diagnostician, compassionate, caring and sensitive with the patient.

December 8th, 2014
mom of celiac daughter
I brought my daughter to see Dr Kazlow twice at Valley Hospital about 6-7 years ago. He completely missed the diagnosis. She had been suffering from terrible constipation from infancy. I recall even asking if she could have celiac disease and he told me that constipation was not one of the symptoms. He was lovely, warm, had a kind manner. I really trusted him. My pediatrician at the time thought very highly of him. When my daughter was NOT getting better and began getting urinary tract infections a year or two later I switched pediatricians. My new "old school" pediatrician (not a specialist) diagnosed her correctly right away. I liked Dr Kazlow but he should have listened to my concerns and perhaps consulted with another doctor. I don't know why he missed this diagnosis. My child suffered needlessly.

April 23rd, 2014
Awesome doctor! Very professional and a true expert.

April 15th, 2014
Excellent
Dr. Kazlow is a wonderful doctor. He is very thorough and great with kids.

September 3rd, 2013
Appt was brief, Dr. took many phone calls, never really looked at my son or talked to him. During the physical exam, also managed not to look at him. And yet, knew almost immediately he needed an endoscopy. He clearly knew what he was looking for and diagnosed my son via that scope. However, flwp with results took too long. I flwd up. Dr. didn't call back, I called again, several times, finally we played phone tag. It was more than a month before the Dr told me my son had a condition that needed medication and flwp treatment. I found that unacceptable. He needed to have started medication much earlier. Very smart Dr. though. My sense is and from what I have heard, he is a great diagnostician, but we see someone now who is all of that, and then some, and great with patients/families too. And replies immediately to phone calls. I would only recommend him for diagnosis and stabilization, if needed. Then move on.

February 13th, 2013
Most wonderful doctor you will ever find!
Let me start by saying that doctors don't come any better than Dr. Kazlow. He is absolutely wonderful. Not a day has gone by in the past year that I haven't thanked my lucky stars that I found him. He is not only a fantastic doctor but a wonderful person as well! He has helped my son and our family more than I can possibly explain here. I am very hard to please and he has exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much Dr. Kazlow!

July 7th, 2010
terrible
I would never recommend Dr. Kazlow to anyone! He was booked 3 months out and we got an appt due to a cancellation. WE felt rushed, he had 0 bedside manner, and felt like he was annoyed that I was even asking questions. He answered my questions with one word answers and could care less about helping us figure out what is going on with my daughter. We were more discouraged after the appointment then before. Don't waste your time!! How he has made the castle and connolly list of best doctors is beyound me!!