Dr. Philip Kooiker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 21st, 2014
patient 40 years
i went to dr kooiker for a sinus infection and double ear infection on the recomendation of my regular family doctor. i was in severe pain and couldnt breath, after the visit, he told me there was nothing wrong with me. i asked him then why cant i breathe or hear? so he gives me avelox that is once a day. he screws up and writes it for 4 times a day. thank god i was smart and didnt take it or i would of died. this doctor is horrible and has no bedside manner. i will put a complaint in against his state license.

March 21st, 2014
Best ENT for my daughter!
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Kooiker's for the last seven years. He is always polite and punctual. He has always taken his time to explain his diagnosis as well as treatment options. He does not believe in unecessary medications and/or procedures. If you are looking for a quick fix or a doctor that pushes pills, find someone else. Dr. Kooiker is one of the few doctors who actually cares about his patients and takes the time to fully understand their issues. When Dr. Kooiker did my daughter's ear tubes and removed her adenoids, he could have removed her tonsils as well "since he was in there", but he didn't because he thought it was unnecessary since she doesn't have issues with them. I have never been anything but 100% satisified with him, his nursing staff and medical assistants as well as the audiologist he works with. My daughter has had multiple health issues requiring the care of an ENT, and in my opinon, there is no one else I would have treating her. I have referred numerous adults and children to Dr. Kooiker and I will continue to because he is a good doctor. The lady who handles the billing for the office is not always the most pleasant or understanding person, but she is not enough to keep me away from the excellent care my daughter receives from Dr. Kooiker.

November 6th, 2013
Recommend highly
Office staff very friendly and efficient. Nice atmosphere. Doctor on schedule, very short wait. Answered all questions and explained our options completely. Scheduled my daughters surgery before we left. I would recommend this doctor.

January 25th, 2013
Will not go back. Doctor seemed more interested in moving onto the next patient. Do not have any confidence in his skills. Wish I had read reviews on him before we scheduled.

February 7th, 2012
Didn't take me seriously
Was recommended to him by my general physician for chronic sinusitis and corresponding mouth pain. Spent about 5 -10 minutes examining me, and because I wasn't actually suffering physical pain at the moment, dismissed me as a quack. Ordered a CT scan of my sinuses and said, "Even though you don't need it because you're fine." I had been examined by my doc and told my sinuses were swollen two days prior, was examined in the ER two days after he reviewed my CT scan, and was told my sinuses were swollen. Final diagnosis: trigeminal neuralgia, which is a very painful nerve disorder, stemming from chronic sinusitis. But he said I was fine. There was nothing wrong with me. Wouldn't go to him for an aspirin.

May 23rd, 2011
What a great Dr. He found was able to find my issue and gave me great advice to fix it. After seeing several Dr's, he was the only one that was able to help me.