A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Smith, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smith has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans