Dr. Philip Matthews DO Patient Reviews

December 26th, 2016
A Very Compassionate Doctor
I have been going to Dr. Matthews for over fourteen years and that says it all. He has been able to remove most of the suffering from my lower back pain. In all that time, I never had any problems with the medications. He is a compassionate doctor. He followed the rules which I personally thought were overkill but I understood them. There is going to be a lot more suffering now thanks to the D.O. board. .

January 15th, 2016
Dr Matthews is compassionent. Listens to his patient and helps in finding a whole person resolution to their pain.

August 23rd, 2013
Amazing
I have only seen doctor Matthews a few times so far and I have nothing but amazing things to say!! He spends quality time with me and makes me feel very valued an listened to. He explains everything and answers all my questions. He far from throws medicine at me and his energy is so light an positive. I see myself getting hooked, not on medication, but on his manipulations and energy work. After he was done with my last session I found myself crying because I feel as he genuinely cares and yet takes me excruciating pain serious. I haven't slept without pain in the last six months and I'm not cured yet but I believe with all my heart that between dr Matthews prescribing me the proper medicine and his work on my physical being I will be relatively pain free soon!

July 24th, 2013
excellent doctor
I applaud Dr. Matthews for the excellent care he provided me the past 2 years. When I began seeing him I was in terrible pain and needed meds to help me get through daily life of work and kids. I now am completely pain free and off all medications AND continue to see the doctor for spinal manipulations once a month, give or take. He has a gentle bed side manner and is very knowledgeable, much more than my past doctor. Keep up the good work! The staff is very attentive and helpful both in person and on the phone. I would also like to add, it took a couple of weeks for me to get my first appointment with all the paperwork from my previous doctors to reach Dr. Matthews' office. Follow-ups, give or take few days for appointment as he is great doctor and all his patients love him like myself!

July 19th, 2013
Doctor NOT
This office is full of pretension and delusion. They are very rude and care not for anyone but themselves. The doctor doesn't know how to help people so he throws medications at the problems. The doctor cares almost nothing about the patients and takes no responsibility for any of his many mistakes. The staff is overly sensitive and they try to make everyone in the waiting room sit still and be quiet so they can relax. They've brought all the negativity they fear upon themselves. If you want to score drugs, this is your doctor. He'll prescribe anything at any dosage.you want whether its good for you or not.
Doctor's Response

This patient made inappropriate comments to one of my other patients in the waiting room...not the first time he had been confronted for rude behavior. He stormed out, saying he would never return since he didn't like it when my receptionist told him to be appropriate and polite. He took offense that he should be reprimanded again and left. This comment is his retribution for my terminating him from the practice. It is sad he ended it this way. I screen all patients before they have a chance to see me, and only I decide if and what medications a patient will receive. All patients are carefully monitored for compliance. Those who are turned away or caught abusing meds and sent to an addiction specialist may get their revenge in these comments sections. Please consider this when evaluating my practice. Thank you.