Dr. Philip Maurer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

November 1st, 2016
Maurer and the God Complex
I'm a tennis player who saw this guy for a pain issue radiating in my arm nearly ten years ago. He diagnosed me without ever TOUCHING me, and one of his diagnostic comments was "I could easily break your arm if I wanted to". He said I needed a disc fusion or would never play tennis again. His extremely off putting bedside manner was enough to convince me to seek another alternative. I did so and fully resolved the issue without surgery and have continued playing tennis ever since. If this man didn't have such a ridiculous attitude and manner, I would likely have conceded to a totally unnecessary disc fusion, so I guess I should be thankful for that. For what it's worth, here it is ten years later am I'm still aggravated enough to post this comment.

March 31st, 2016
Have not had procedure recommended yet. However, I waited close to 2 hours to be seen and altogether was there for 2 1/2 hours and saw the doctor for 10 minutes. Not complaining about the doctor but no excuse for an appointment being that long.

December 3rd, 2015
When I came home from fighting in Iraq, I was injured badly and I thought I might never walk again without a cane. Dr. Mauer was confident that my pain level would be much improved after an epidural - and it was!

November 11th, 2015
Get a second opinion before he does anything!
Think twice about seeing this Dr. My husband ended up in worse condition and in more pain after seeing this man. He offered no help, no advice....nothing. Get a second opinion before letting this man touch you.

August 26th, 2015
Exceptional
Maurer is an exceptional physician, highly skilled at what he does. Should take a minute to LISTEN to the patient a little bit more and stop being so gruff.

May 21st, 2015
Is there a negative star option?
Arrogant, rude, unprofessional. Literally the worst physician visit I've ever had in my entire life.

May 13th, 2014
Take an asprin and don't call me again !!
Never examined me, spent about 5 min. with me, very rude, told my probkem was ageing.

October 10th, 2013
Avoid this Clown
I have degenerative disc disease. I already had a pretty good spinal doctor. My back was acting up. I went to see this doctor because I am a patient of his partner for my bad knee. His partner is a saint and a terrific doctor. This guy... not so much. He looked at my x-rays and came into the room telling me that he couldn't help me. He was very rude and short with me. He became more abrasive when I asked him educated questions. He'd aggressively respond with statements like "who the h*ll told you that?" When I told him that I had been seeing a doctor at a nationally recognized practice and tried to relay the information I'd learned about my condition in order to get his take - he simply began criticizing the other practice. He offered no insight into my condition. He was extremely condescending. He was basically a bully with no interest in speaking to me about my case. I am an educated professional and that seemed to throw him as well. I was completely thrown by the whole experience. However, when my other doctor sent me to the same PT provider that his office recommended, the therapists told me that my experience was not unique. It is a shame because the other folks in this practice are great. They should let this guy go before they lose more patients because of him. (I gave him one star because this system won't allow you to rate lower than that).

September 11th, 2013
How NOT to act when you are a physician
Dr. Maurer's manner is arrogant and dismissive. He greeted me by saying" I don't really know why you are here". He kept cutting me off when I tried to explain , as briefly as possible, why I was there." If he read the chart, he would have had a clue! I have never encountered a Dr. as rude as he. I spent 20 min. filling out paperwork and it was a waste of my time. He acted as if my problem was trivial and was not at all helpful.

May 13th, 2013
Never met a reputable doctor as arrogant as Mauer. I’m a fairly reasonable and calm person, but if there was an option for 0 stars, he would get it. Maurer was 1 hour 10 mins. late and failed to apologize or acknowledge it after he abruptly stormed into the room where I was waiting for him. His rude manner came off immediately and I was barely able to speak and explain my condition as he told me to "get on with it" (most likely because he had a whole room of other patients waiting for him as well) when I was simply stating the reason for my visit. He spent a total of 4 minutes with me, without giving me any real medical opinion or cause for my pain and did not offer any helpful information at all. It was obvious he didn’t even review my X-Ray reports as he insisted there was no reason I should be having any pain (despite the fact that I had a vertebrae fracture, which I had to mention. Not that he even took it into consideration). I should have saved myself the time and just WebMD'ed my symptoms. Needless to say, after a short explanation to the staff, I walked away with my full co-pay. They must know what he's like to deal with from past complaints and are probably used to refunding their patients.