Anesthesiologist (pain control)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Take an asprin and don't call me again !!  |  show details
by Loretta on May 13th, 2014

Never examined me, spent about 5 min. with me, very rude, told my probkem was ageing.

|  Avoid this Clown  |  show details
by A Patient on Oct 10th, 2013

I have degenerative disc disease. I already had a pretty good spinal doctor. My back was acting up. I went to see this doctor because I am a patient of his partner for my bad knee. His partner is a saint and a terrific doctor. This guy... not so much. He looked at my x-rays and came into the room telling me that he couldn't help me. He was very rude and short with me. He became more abrasive when I asked him educated questions. He'd aggressively respond with statements like "who the h*ll told you that?" When I told him that I had been seeing a doctor at a nationally recognized practice and tried to relay the information I'd learned about my condition in order to get his take - he simply began criticizing the other practice. He offered no insight into my condition. He was extremely condescending. He was basically a bully with no interest in speaking to me about my case. I am an educated professional and that seemed to throw him as well. I was completely thrown by the whole experience. However, when my other doctor sent me to the same PT provider that his office recommended, the therapists told me that my experience was not unique. It is a shame because the other folks in this practice are great. They should let this guy go before they lose more patients because of him. (I gave him one star because this system won't allow you to rate lower than that).

|  How NOT to act when you are a physician  |  show details
by Patricia A. on Sep 11th, 2013

Dr. Maurer's manner is arrogant and dismissive. He greeted me by saying" I don't really know why you are here". He kept cutting me off when I tried to explain , as briefly as possible, why I was there." If he read the chart, he would have had a clue! I have never encountered a Dr. as rude as he. I spent 20 min. filling out paperwork and it was a waste of my time. He acted as if my problem was trivial and was not at all helpful.

|  show details
May 13th, 2013

Never met a reputable doctor as arrogant as Mauer. I’m a fairly reasonable and calm person, but if there was an option for 0 stars, he would get it. Maurer was 1 hour 10 mins. late and failed to apologize or acknowledge it after he abruptly stormed into the room where I was waiting for him. His rude manner came off immediately and I was barely able to speak and explain my condition as he told me to "get on with it" (most likely because he had a whole room of other patients waiting for him as well) when I was simply stating the reason for my visit. He spent a total of 4 minutes with me, without giving me any real medical opinion or cause for my pain and did not offer any helpful information at all. It was obvious he didn’t even review my X-Ray reports as he insisted there was no reason I should be having any pain (despite the fact that I had a vertebrae fracture, which I had to mention. Not that he even took it into consideration). I should have saved myself the time and just WebMD'ed my symptoms. Needless to say, after a short explanation to the staff, I walked away with my full co-pay. They must know what he's like to deal with from past complaints and are probably used to refunding their patients.