Dr. Philip Maurice MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 29th, 2017
Brilliant
This doctor is brilliant - atypical doctor knows his stuff and more and is always ready and able to find the root of the medical problem. after my mother had been seen by several specialists he diagnosed the problem. I have been seeing Dr. Maurice for over 12 years and it's always been a positive experience. He takes the time necessary with you, so if I have to wait 20 minutes that's fine, he's doing the same for the patient before me. Wouldn't trust any doctor as I do Dr. Maurice.

November 1st, 2016
Felt used and abused
Mu first appointment went great, I thought I finally found a caring doctor. Starting from the next appointment when I waited an hour and a half just to be called back to a room, then waited another 1/2 hour to be seen, I thought I would get some kind of apology for the wait. I realize I'm not a doctor so I must have ample time in my schedule to sit and do nothing but listen to NPR radio with a do not touch sign on it. Then when he's completed his meaningless task of asking questions and writing everything in long hand, he walks me or any other patient out to make another appointment and stands there and talks about nothing really, using foul language like he's at a bar somewhere and leaving 2 in the waiting room and one in a patient room waiting to see him. He's a classless boob that thinks his degree gives him permission to abuse his patients.

September 20th, 2016
I have been seeing him off and on for over 20 years. I trust him and know I will get answers and a name to my health problems. I have gone to him after many other specialty docs have thrown up their hands and said they didn't know what the problem was. This is why I keep coming back. I know him from my days at working at the hospital. He has a great reputation with the staff as being knowledgeable. He is an odd character, but a great doc. He can be abrasive, so know that going in. Not your run of the mill doc. He will sit with you and take extensive notes. I trust him with my life. Sometimes a long wait.

June 10th, 2015
Great
It was my first appt and he is going to be my doctor . He took so much interest in my histroy and explained me how i develped epilapsy and what we will do to control it. I was so much worried before seeing him and when i got out i was so relaxed that I found a person who will really help me.

January 28th, 2015
Grumpy and not open for discussion.
Long wait times, grumpy behavior by doc. Doesn't want patient input, his way or highway.

January 3rd, 2014
Brillliant
Yes, you will wait to see Dr. Maurice, but when you do, he's just focused on you and spends as much time as needed. He controlled my migraines and gave me my life back. He has forgotten more than most will ever know. Definitely not your stereotypical doctor but rather a unique and unusual 'dude' left over from the sixties. The best.

July 6th, 2013
Mr.
An absolutely brilliant, honest, and iconoclastic doctor --- and a DOCTOR to the core. If you've tried others who cannot discover the source of your "problem" or "ailing," see THIS PERSON.

May 30th, 2013
Life Saver
My sister would not be alive if t weren't for Dr. Maurice. He was brought in to a very difficult case , did an amazing amount of research and brought solutions. Such a wonderful, caring Dr. He would be my first call!

October 3rd, 2012
Different Kind of Doctor ... yet Outstanding
He's not the run of the mill, know that before you go in. If you want a doctor that can read between the lines and follow hunches easily .. he's your man. Not doctorly-looking, not conventional, but soooo smart your head will spin. You just have to know that beforehand. Hope he practices until I don't need him anymore. He has saved my life on more than one occasion when nobody else in the medical profession could figure out what was going on with me. GREAT hunches.

September 17th, 2012
One of a kind
Have never found a doctor who was so thorough and who takes the time nowadays as that is a rarity!

May 4th, 2012
RUDE, UNCARING, ABANDONS PATIENTS, SEVERELY HURT PATIENT'S CARE
THIS DOCTOR MAKES YOU WAIT A VERY LONG TIME, OVER AN HOUR, HARDLY EVER ORDERS BLOOD OR LAB TESTS, OVER-MEDICATES, AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT PATIENT NEEDS OR MAKE A CORRECT DIAGNOSIS, SO THAT PATIENT'S CAN RECEIVE PROPER CARE. THIS DOCTOR ALSO JUST ABANDONED THREE PATIENTS, AND LEFT THEM WITH NO MEDICAL CARE , WHICH CONSTITUTES UNPROFESSIONAL CONDUCT AND WILL BE REPORTED TO THE MEDICAL BOARD OF CALIFORNIA. THIS DOCTOR HAS BEEN ON PROBATION BEFORE FROM THE MEDICAL BOARD OF CALIFORNIA AND IS NOT ALLOWED TO PRACTICE AT LOS ROBLES HOSPITAL IN THOUSAND OAKS. PLEASE CHECK THE MEDICAL BOARD WEBSITE, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR.

April 22nd, 2012
Best ever and I'm not a relative
This doctor is one of a kind....very easy to talk to and always answers your questions in a way that you can thoroughly understand.Well worth any kind of wait time. I would not hesitate to recommend this doctor to anyone!