A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip McCarthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip McCarthy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCarthy
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McCarthy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip McCarthy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin Disease
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Education & Awards
Dr. McCarthy graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. McCarthy has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital
- Kaleida Health - DeGraff Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip Louis McCarthy MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Philip L. McCarthy practice?
- Dr. Philip McCarthy has 1 office location.
Dr. Philip McCarthy practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Buffalo, NY.
See Buffalo Internists, Buffalo Hematologists, and Buffalo Oncologists.