Dr. Philip Mcdonald Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Philip Mcdonald?

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Philip Mcdonald?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

November 15th, 2013

Excellent Dr. Shocked by the bad reviews

The bad reviews on this Dr. Amazed me he has been seeing both of my kids so he has been their doctor for 6 years. I find him kind, very knowledgeable, and very detail oriented. My children had some rare things and he was able to help them. I do know he doesn't believe in seeing children who don't really have gi issues because it just suspects them to unnecessary tests and procedures so its possible that those who had bad experiences maybe feel into that category.

May 28th, 2012

Dangerously incompetent

Unfortunately because this doctor is not competent or knowledgeable in GI, our child suffered. I can't be sure whether it is laziness or insecirity that causes him not to try to find answers but he ends up doing harm to patients and I hope others don't have to suffer through what we, and others have. He mis-diagnosed several times which would be okay if he were actually thinking it through but it was just to dismiss things and move on, to have billable hours but never to actually try to help. He actually said of my child to a resident, "This is how we follow a kid" I realized at that point that was simply collecting visits and payment, he never tried new things, never asked us anything, never helped at all. Exams were not thouough, discussions were not engaging productive, procedures were done carelessly which is dangerous. Once we switched docs, regretably after too much time had passed with our child suffering more than a year, the new doc, diagnosed our child immediately and had a plan that had our child feeling better and functioning inside of a month. Please listen to your instincts regarding your child's care and seek out doctors who are interested and engaged and want to help. Dr. McDonald seems only interested in billing you for his time and skating by without his incompetence being discovered. Meanwhile, children suffer if their parents don't know to seek more competent care.

June 14th, 2011

Terrible Experience

We had our first consultation with Dr. McDonald and was beyond disappointed. We arrived early as instructed and waited 35 - 40 minutes beyond the scheduled appointment time. However, the office seemed to not have any other patients waiting.Dr. McDonald did not have eye contact with us or our child. He did not speak to our child regarding the symtoms/complaints, and our child is very capable of speaking for themself.My child was not prepared for the exam, nor instructed what to expect with the exam. Poor communication and bedside manners is putting it mildly. We have never seen our child so upset from a doctor's visit and distraught. We will never return to see this doctor again.This is the first time we have felt the need to rate a doctor, I hope this well be of help to others that may seek this doctor's assistance.

October 20th, 2008

Office Staff is terrible

The staff in this office has no follow through, will not return calls and is very condescending. I strongly advise researching other alternatives as this practice is one of the worst I have ever encountered. They guarantee call backs only to never be heard from again. It is a nightmare to deal with them.

July 11th, 2014