Dr. Philip Meinhardt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 26 reviews

December 8th, 2016
My saga began with a terrible fall, resulting in reconstruction of the lower spine and two further surgeries. All ended with either failure or insignificant improvement and left me with little hope for a decent quality of life. When few other surgeons would even look at me, Dr. Meinhardt identified an answer and with another surgical specialist, took on a complex and lengthy surgery. A few days after the procedure, I stood up, for the first time in decades, without pain. Dr. Meinhardt was highly informative, patient and ever demonstrated concern for any issue. More importantly, he is an exceptionally skilled surgeon.

December 2nd, 2016
No choice
Sent to him by workers comp. I was diagnosed with fracture in my spine and a severely bulged disc by two other ortho dr's I guess workers comp didn't believe them so I was sent to Philip for his expert diagnosis,well he tested my reflexes in both knees and ankles made me walk around the room that was the extent of the visit. Now,I have been given a clean bill of health by him so now I no longer receive worker comp pay and I am not allowed to work because they won't release me?

September 7th, 2016
Rude and Unhelpful
I was sent to see this doctor by Workers Comp, and it was a horrible experience. I've been dealing with back pain after an accident at work for the last 5 months. This doctor was given to me after I asked for a second opinion, and I wish I hadn't. Rude, unhelpful, did not take time to explain anything to me, he just look over my medical record, and agreed that there was some spinal cord damage, but that there was nothing to do. I told him that it has been 5 months, and the pain in my has not gone away. He did not care about this, and said that there was nothing else to try, and that he was releasing me. It was my first visit, and he dismissed me just like that, didn't wanted to try anything. I'm still in pain, and out of options. I just hope that by reading this review, you (the reader) makes a better choice, and avoid this place! And Philip, ( because I cannot call you a doctor), if you read this, which I doubt, I would like to for you to read this: "I don't know where you doctors lose your humanity, but you lose it. You know, if all of you at the beginning of your careers could get very sick and very scared for a while, you'd probably learn more from that than from anything else. You better start listening to your patients. They need to be heard. They need caring. They need compassion. They need attending to. You know, someday doctor, you're going to be on the other side of the table, and as angry as I am and as ANGRY as I always will be, I still wish you a better doctor than you were to me."

July 26th, 2016
If you have options, see someone else
Never once even touched me to examine my neck / back. Only goes by the computer and MRI images. Very dismissive of your symptoms.

July 8th, 2016
No manners at all. Very rude doctor I have ever met.

May 27th, 2016
back surgery
I went to Dr. Meinhardt where we explored Physical Therapy and the epidural shots. After a series of two shots with little relief, he discussed the only alternative left, surgery. At that time, he spent a good hour going over what to expect pre-surgery, during surgery and post surgery even down to the silver in the bandage in the hospital and why. All of this was done in a language we could understand and he then took the time to answer all of our questions. At this time, he had no idea we would be scheduling surgery with him as I had been to four other surgeons prior to him. When he left the room, my husband and I looked at each other and agreed that he was the one to do my surgery. From then on, I felt like I was a part of this well organized team. Florida Hospital called to register us for a class which was focused on what to expect pre- through post surgery. How to prepare your home, what will happen while you are in the hospital. etc. Home Health called prior to surgery to introduce themselves and to let me know what to expect from them. In the pre-op room, different folks came in and told me what their role was during surgery in the OR. Early the morning after surgery , Dr. Meinhardt stopped in to see how I was doing and told me what to expect that day. And for the next two days, he was there keeping me informed. Once I got home, Home Health Care started as expected and went very smoothly. A Bone Growth Stimulator was order for me by Dr. Meinhardt and that company called to inform me about it. Once it was delivered I was educated about how to use it. My follow up visit with Dr. Meinhardt again was very informative. I can't say enough about what a positive experience this has been for me, one who avoided having this surgery for six years. I felt prepared for each step of the way and the outcome has exceeded any of my expectations. I'm only 4 weeks out from surgery and have a long way to go but with this doctor on my team, it can only get better each day. Thank you, Dr. Meinhardt for giving me back my active lifestyle!

May 23rd, 2016
Bad Doctor
Meinhardt ordered an MRI, said I have arthritis in my spine & it's severe. Said there is nothing that can be done about it. He also said I have severe osteoporosis. FOR 4 (four) years I've suffer every moment of my life until I found Dr. Sherman and began a series of epidurals.

March 29th, 2016
Worst patient experience EVER!
Rudest, most uncompassionate, pampas doctor I've ever met. He couldn't spend more than 10 minutes in the room and didn't want to know what is wrong from the patient's perspective. He talked just to hear himself talk and then walked out of the room before we had time to ask any questions. His nurse acted like a snotty teenager and treated us as if we were idiots. I we could give him and his staff zero stars, that's what they would received.

March 18th, 2016
seek another doctor
I believe the doctor only does it for the money and I sincerely hope you go with a different doctor because he lacks empathy. I hope one day that he has a serious injury that might lend him some empathy for his patients cuz he did not show me any

February 22nd, 2016
great
I found dr meinhardt to be amazing. I originally went to him for a back problem , and he took pictures and explained why I was suffering. I was also suffering from some arm issues , and he took some other pictures , and said forget about your back , you have more serious issues here , and proceeded to explain in great detail my maladies. I loved his bedside manner , direct , and straight to the point. He did a very thorough exam , every time I saw him. I had spinal fusion surgery , on 3 vertebrates , and he made me feel very at ease , for this deeply involved procedures, one of the things he told me was "I don't want to be sitting here talking about this with you , I'm a surgeon , at home in the operating room , and I want to fix you , and make you better". He is awesome , and of many doctors that I have , he is my favorite.

February 6th, 2016
Would not let him remove an ingrown toenail.
Less than 30 seconds of a physical exam and sent me on my way to put an 80 pound ladder on my shoulder. I know have a chronic issue i will deal with forever.

January 22nd, 2016
the worst medical experience I ever had
I have to say he was one of the coolest and uncaring doctors I have ever had in my life when I explained to him that I was in extreme pain which was causing depression he tried to have me committed instead of addressing the issue of the pain. I hope that nobody ever goes to his office again because I hope that nobody ever gets treated the way I did.