3.0

Rude and Unhelpful show details Rude and Unhelpful
by Ed T on Sep 7th, 2016

I was sent to see this doctor by Workers Comp, and it was a horrible experience. I've been dealing with back pain after an accident at work for the last 5 months. This doctor was given to me after I asked for a second opinion, and I wish I hadn't. Rude, unhelpful, did not take time to explain anything to me, he just look over my medical record, and agreed that there was some spinal cord damage, but that there was nothing to do. I told him that it has been 5 months, and the pain in my has not gone away. He did not care about this, and said that there was nothing else to try, and that he was releasing me. It was my first visit, and he dismissed me just like that, didn't wanted to try anything. I'm still in pain, and out of options. I just hope that by reading this review, you (the reader) makes a better choice, and avoid this place! And Philip, ( because I cannot call you a doctor), if you read this, which I doubt, I would like to for you to read this: "I don't know where you doctors lose your humanity, but you lose it. You know, if all of you at the beginning of your careers could get very sick and very scared for a while, you'd probably learn more from that than from anything else. You better start listening to your patients. They need to be heard. They need caring. They need compassion. They need attending to. You know, someday doctor, you're going to be on the other side of the table, and as angry as I am and as ANGRY as I always will be, I still wish you a better doctor than you were to me."

If you have options, see someone else show details If you have options, see someone else
Jul 26th, 2016

Never once even touched me to examine my neck / back. Only goes by the computer and MRI images. Very dismissive of your symptoms.

Jul 8th, 2016

No manners at all. Very rude doctor I have ever met.

back surgery show details back surgery
by Martha P. on May 27th, 2016

I went to Dr. Meinhardt where we explored Physical Therapy and the epidural shots. After a series of two shots with little relief, he discussed the only alternative left, surgery. At that time, he spent a good hour going over what to expect pre-surgery, during surgery and post surgery even down to the silver in the bandage in the hospital and why. All of this was done in a language we could understand and he then took the time to answer all of our questions. At this time, he had no idea we would be scheduling surgery with him as I had been to four other surgeons prior to him. When he left the room, my husband and I looked at each other and agreed that he was the one to do my surgery. From then on, I felt like I was a part of this well organized team. Florida Hospital called to register us for a class which was focused on what to expect pre- through post surgery. How to prepare your home, what will happen while you are in the hospital. etc. Home Health called prior to surgery to introduce themselves and to let me know what to expect from them. In the pre-op room, different folks came in and told me what their role was during surgery in the OR. Early the morning after surgery , Dr. Meinhardt stopped in to see how I was doing and told me what to expect that day. And for the next two days, he was there keeping me informed. Once I got home, Home Health Care started as expected and went very smoothly. A Bone Growth Stimulator was order for me by Dr. Meinhardt and that company called to inform me about it. Once it was delivered I was educated about how to use it. My follow up visit with Dr. Meinhardt again was very informative. I can't say enough about what a positive experience this has been for me, one who avoided having this surgery for six years. I felt prepared for each step of the way and the outcome has exceeded any of my expectations. I'm only 4 weeks out from surgery and have a long way to go but with this doctor on my team, it can only get better each day. Thank you, Dr. Meinhardt for giving me back my active lifestyle!

Bad Doctor show details Bad Doctor
by Willno Soonenough on May 23rd, 2016

Meinhardt ordered an MRI, said I have arthritis in my spine & it's severe. Said there is nothing that can be done about it. He also said I have severe osteoporosis. FOR 4 (four) years I've suffer every moment of my life until I found Dr. Sherman and began a series of epidurals.

Worst patient experience EVER! show details Worst patient experience EVER!
Mar 29th, 2016

Rudest, most uncompassionate, pampas doctor I've ever met. He couldn't spend more than 10 minutes in the room and didn't want to know what is wrong from the patient's perspective. He talked just to hear himself talk and then walked out of the room before we had time to ask any questions. His nurse acted like a snotty teenager and treated us as if we were idiots. I we could give him and his staff zero stars, that's what they would received.

seek another doctor show details seek another doctor
Mar 18th, 2016

I believe the doctor only does it for the money and I sincerely hope you go with a different doctor because he lacks empathy. I hope one day that he has a serious injury that might lend him some empathy for his patients cuz he did not show me any

great show details great
by david on Feb 22nd, 2016

I found dr meinhardt to be amazing. I originally went to him for a back problem , and he took pictures and explained why I was suffering. I was also suffering from some arm issues , and he took some other pictures , and said forget about your back , you have more serious issues here , and proceeded to explain in great detail my maladies. I loved his bedside manner , direct , and straight to the point. He did a very thorough exam , every time I saw him. I had spinal fusion surgery , on 3 vertebrates , and he made me feel very at ease , for this deeply involved procedures, one of the things he told me was "I don't want to be sitting here talking about this with you , I'm a surgeon , at home in the operating room , and I want to fix you , and make you better". He is awesome , and of many doctors that I have , he is my favorite.

Would not let him remove an ingrown toenail. show details Would not let him remove an ingrown toenail.
Feb 6th, 2016

Less than 30 seconds of a physical exam and sent me on my way to put an 80 pound ladder on my shoulder. I know have a chronic issue i will deal with forever.

the worst medical experience I ever had show details the worst medical experience I ever had
Jan 22nd, 2016

I have to say he was one of the coolest and uncaring doctors I have ever had in my life when I explained to him that I was in extreme pain which was causing depression he tried to have me committed instead of addressing the issue of the pain. I hope that nobody ever goes to his office again because I hope that nobody ever gets treated the way I did.

Nov 10th, 2015

After four visits, where he never addressed my back and neck issues, never examined me, I have chosen to see another DR. Beware if you are on workers comp. If he has not billed workers comp for an MRI, he will spend his time, arguing that he NEEDS to have an MRI, even if one has been provided. I would not provide him with a closed MRI, which is not required, he stated that he would send me back to work. The man is a bully and incompetent. I have now switched DR's, and am thankful that I did. I am still considering reporting him to the medical board for what he did to me. Never in my life, have I encountered someone as rude and self-centered as this idiot. He never asked how I was feeling, nevere addressed my pain, he did nothing, except try to bully me into another MRI, that was not necessary. The new DR, accepted the open MRI that I provided to this quack, and I am now in pain management and his orders to end my physical therapy and return to work have been rescinded by Workmans Comp.

by Eduardo on Nov 9th, 2015

The first time I went to visit him he said that I probably should get an attorney because most likely I would be fired. Second time I went to visit him he got upset with me because they had given me injections that were incorrectly he yelled and said they were the wrong injections and walked out of the room and never came back for 30 minutes latter and said here follow up with this new doctor no explanation of what was going to be done with me. Hey just walked out and gave me a referral. The third time I had to visit this doctor to explain how I felt after the injection I tried to talk to him and explain to him that I did not feel like I was getting any relief he got very offended and who had told us don't aggravate him that he was going to walk out of the room And if he did so that would screw up our case we simply so he we don't understand why he's getting this way that we would like to have a second opinion he got up and walked out of the room I do that return had his nurse return to give us a sheet of paper and she did not answer any questions for us and that's how we were left this doctor is very unprofessional and very rude does not have any bedside manner whatsoever and does not have any patients for injury patient.

Compassionate and KNOWS HIS STUFF!! show details Compassionate and KNOWS HIS STUFF!!
by Susan Martin on Oct 3rd, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Meinhardt. He took the time I needed to thoroughly explain my surgical procedure, L5S1 post lumbar inter fusion with instrumentation. I was put totally at ease prior to surgery and knew I was in the right hands, literally. The surgery was, in all honesty, a breeze. 3 days in hospital, in home rehab, a couple of follow ups with the dr so far and I feel absolutely incredible. I should say I was very unsure of whether to have surgery so I went to THREE different orthopedic surgeons for advice. All had same diagnosis but in the end, I chose Dr Meinhardt for his compassion, and vast knowledge. Best decision I have EVER made. Would do this again in a heartbeat.

Sep 21st, 2015

If I could give 0 stars I would. Rude, rude, rude doctor!! Does not spend more than a few min with patient. Made me feel like I was making up my injuries when I thought he was suppose to help let me know what it wrong! I still am confused because his diagnosis was nothing compared to the other doctors. Not friendly at all. Kept cutting me off and finishing my sentences, he seems all about the money! He should not be practicing medicine at all! Made me very upset while leaving and also heard the staff talking badly about me as I was leaving the office, WITH the doctor! How can people get away with this!!?? I was in tears leaving, thinking, what do I do now??

Sep 21st, 2015

Very rude doctor and nurse. Did not listen to patient about injuries. Completely different diagnosis than other doctors have said with no explanation. Made us feel like we were worthless because it was a workmans comp case. He had a surgery previous to our appointment early that morning and seemed like he didn't care about minor things. Worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. Would never recommend or see again!!

Nursing show details Nursing
by Ana Bundy on Apr 28th, 2015

He is best I'll tell my friends

excellent surgeon show details excellent surgeon
by gary tinsley on Aug 15th, 2014

Extremely nice and very patient. Explained entire back surgery and what to expect. Always in good mood. Surgery went better than I expected. Minimal downtime afterward. Dr office called several times after I got home to ask how I was. This dr is very straight forward and direct. I would not hesitate to use him again.

A warning !!! show details A warning !!!
by PSD on Jul 14th, 2014

forced me to point out on the x-ray all the fat I had on my hips and back.... humilated and degraded me on my very first visit. I got a free MRI review at Laser Spine in Tampa. He was furious and refused to treat me after that free second opinion. He stated "why should I keep treating you if you are going to go somewhere else for surgery." I told him there was something wrong with him, walked out and demanded my money back.

by Robert Polchito on Apr 17th, 2014

I cannot say enough good about Dr. Meinhardt, he is one of the best doctors ever I've ever had! If you are in need of an Orthopedic Surgeon, this is the doctor you want. He's very kind and has alot of compassion for his patients.

WARNING FOR PEOPLE ON WORKERS COMP show details WARNING FOR PEOPLE ON WORKERS COMP
by Chanan LaCombe on Dec 17th, 2013

In my personal opinion, this doctor should not be practicing medicine. He was VERY RUDE, he has the compassion of a cactus. The examination was on the wrong body part, if he spent a total of 5 minutes with me, I was lucky. He even stated that my employer contacted him, hmmm......... I smell something fishy. The thing that gets me the most, he even contradicted the doctor who stated I had damage (who works for the same orthopedic group). My MRI clearly states that there is damage but according to this doctor there is no damage and the other doctor did not know what the was talking about. In my personal opinion, stay away from this doctor he does not care, he is very very rude and he clearly does not have the patients best of interest. If I was allowed to put zero stars I would have but unfortunately I had to give him one star.

A1 Surgeon and Instructor show details A1 Surgeon and Instructor
by Tim H. on Jun 15th, 2013

I went to a previous surgeon before coming to Dr. Meinhardt for a second opinion. Dr. Meinhardt not only showed what was wrong on the MRI and the props he has, he explained step by step of the surgery, and earned my confidence to the point I did not return to the first doctor. This didn't stop after the surgery, I called the office with so many questions and they never acted like I was getting on their nerves. Surgery is complete and only 2 weeks later my pain is down from a 10 to a 3, with a few muscle spasms. Excellent Doctor

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
Sep 17th, 2011

He did my back surgery and everything went better than expected. I highly recommend him.

Jul 21st, 2011

Very rude. Very unprofessional . A new doctor who does not not what to do when someone is in pain

Dec 4th, 2010

he did my surgery,he is very good,so good that another friend saw him too