A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Nelsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Nelsen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelsen graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Nelsen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St. Vincent Mercy Children's Hospital
- Toledo Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelsen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 3 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Paramount Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareSource - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 11 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Philip T. Nelsen practice?
Dr. Philip Nelsen practices Ophthalmology near Toledo, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Lima, OH and Fremont, OH.
See Toledo Ophthalmologists.