Dr. Philip Orbuch MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology New York, NY

3.3

February 24th, 2017
Do not go to this doctor
Awful. Just awful. I will never recommend this doctor to anyone. I took my mom to his office bc my friend recommended him. My mom suffers from hair loss and we thought that he could help her. The waiting time in the waiting area was short and the receptionists and nurses were nice, but that is where the praise ends. The nurse led us into one of the rooms where we ended up waiting for an hr for what turned out to be a 5 min consultation. When he finally came into see her, he didn't even bother examining her scalp or hair; he didn't even put on latex gloves for pretenses. He was very rude and kept interrupting me when I tried to say something or ask a question. He loves to hear himself talk. He was completely of no help. Didnt prescribe anything or give any advise about how to restore her hair. He kept saying that he didn't know the answers to our questions and kept referring us to a hair specialist named Jerry Shapiro who doesn't even take insurance. In short, it was a total waste of time and money. We left highly disappointed and in utter disbelief that he just sits there and collects people's insurance money. What a fraud! Take my advice, do not waste your time with him.

October 10th, 2015
Don't go there if you young
Office looks like it was renovated last time in the 1950. Dirty old and dark. The office also is not upto date ( not using emails, only fax...) the dr is old and dos not hard about the future. Looks like geriatric office.

July 9th, 2012
Dr Orbuch does not care
The doctor was arrogant and most of the office staff was worse than he was. He refused to renew a prescription via phone and would not give me an appointment until 4 days later ever after I made it clear that I was going into a severe (reoccurring) allergic reaction that I was being treated for (by his office)the last year. He would not get on the phone to discuss it,He refused to allow me to come in the same day to see the outbreak and wouldnt renew the script. Not the way to treat a patient who has been going there for 10 months. I am now having a full reaction with swollen, bleeding, cracking hands and will now need to suffer needlessly until it clears up in 2-3 weeks Thanks Doc. I am currently looking for another office to treat with