Dr. Philip Pitts MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 5th, 2016
Insurance acceptance questionable
Rcvd call back from office verifying ins was accepted. After visit, 3 wks later receive bill for $250!! They messed up. They'll be lucky if I send in my co pay at this point. Still no call from the office manager!!

September 5th, 2016
Was I ever shocked!
I had been Dr. Pitts' patient for about 15 years. I really liked him! Then one day I called his office asking to see him for an upper respiratory congestion. I was told that Dr. Pitts was out of the office, and his patients were seeing another doctor. I elected to go to a Physician's Assistant whom I know instead of seeing a doctor I did not know. Several months later I called Dr. Pitts' office to make an appointment for a yearly check-up. Was I ever shocked when I was told that I was no longer Dr. Pitt's patient! I asked "Why?" and was told that I was dropped because I had seen another doctor. I was so confused, asked a ton of questions, called the office back at another time thinking the receptionist might have been mistaken. I even asked to have Dr. Pitts call me, and was told that he would not make personal calls. I totally understand all the people who make such laudatory comments about him. My only advice is, "Just don't ever go to another doctor if Pitts is not available!" Professional jealously is the only reason I can imagine as the reason I had this terrible experience with him.

October 27th, 2015
Dr Pitts spends the time to answer any and all questions and if there is a time that i have had to wait a few extra minutes I am not upset because I know that he is giving each person the same treatment that he gives me. Any time the pharmacy calls for approvals his office is very quick to reply and very efficient in returning phone calls back to me if i ever have to leave a message ! Its very rare to find doctor with his knowledge and kindness!

September 30th, 2013
Best Dr I have ever had
DR Pitts, Saved my life. and is always so easy to talk to. He is so humble and cares so much about each person .We are blessed to have a DR like this in our area. check for his new phone #

May 1st, 2013
My brother in law was a patient, having many medical problems he was admitted to hospital and relaesed. His condition worsened and Hospice was called in and Dr Pitts refused to approve hospice.

June 27th, 2012
at 74 years old He is the very best DrI have ever had.and saved my life at onetime.thank you Dr Pitts

February 2nd, 2012
Dianne Stiff, patient
Dr. Pitts is a highly qualified and caring Physican. I am so lucky to have him as my Dr. He is so caring and most unusual Dr. one could ever have. He cares and is truly loving his work...one can tell by the way he treats you each visit you have with him. Would not know what to do without him....God gave me the best...

December 20th, 2011
Dr Pitts is a great doctor, especially for Seniors. Hes patient and kind and professional. He has a way of making you fell he really cares about your health. He was my fathers doctor for several years.

December 13th, 2011
Dr Pitts is the most careing, easy to talk to and always seems to know just what to do. I trust him all the way.He is like a friend. am 73 years old and have never hada Dr like him. Thank you Dr Pitts for allyou have done for us.

December 9th, 2011
I've been seeing Dr. Pitts for over 10 years. He has been wonderful to me, even though I am at times a difficult patiet. I am grateful to have such a smart, caring physician.

September 10th, 2011
Dr. Pitts is very caring, courteous, and understanding and truly wants to help his patients. I would recommend him to anyone for a G.P.

February 28th, 2017