Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Racist and ZERO compassion show details Racist and ZERO compassion
Dec 24th, 2014

Watch out for this Scum bag Amerikkkan neurologist who seems to have an issue with patients who are Middle Eastern descents and have no humanity in him. I wish I had gone with the first few signs when I was not able get appointments from him. A complete a$$hole to where I'm sure if I report him to ACLU with the proof of recording tape I had with me during the appointment they will investigate his ignorant a$$.

Terrible Person show details Terrible Person
Dec 21st, 2014

I really can't say enough bad things about this doctor. Besides being terrible uninformed, he is just an awful awful person. He had never even met me, yet he spent the entire time insulting me over my migraines, and saying that they weren't real or serious from the moment I walked in. After having spoken to other people, I have found out that this is a common experience. I have no idea what this guy is doing being a neurologist. He must just be a very sadistic man. Stay away from him and his practice at all costs, as the rest of the doctors there follow his lead. They are all just looking for patients where they can make an easy dollar without having the option of failure.

No neurological problems, but exceeded my expectations show details No neurological problems, but exceeded my expectations
by Laura on Dec 9th, 2014

My ENT referred me to Phil Pulaski as he has been unable to figure out my chronic ear pain. I'll admit that I was a little nervous about seeing him due to 1) the negative reviews and 2) being a migraine specialist, he would push that diagnosis on me. Also, I had seen a previous neurologist at Georgetown who said nothing was wrong neurologically and sent me to a headache specialist who didn't listen to me, pushed certain symptoms/diagnoses (tension headaches, tmj) and wasn't responsive when I had negative side effects to the medication (Topamax) she prescribed. I was not too happy about having to see another neurologist, but my recent appointment was better than I expected. Phil agreed that my symptoms are not neurological, did not have migraines and disagreed with the headache specialist that I had tension headaches. He gave me a list of medications to ask my psychiatrist about and said I could get an MRI of my head and neck done (as the MRI I had in October was just on the temporal bone), but did not feel that more tests were necessary. I really appreciated his not pushing tests, diagnoses, or medications. Fortunately, I do not need to see him anytime soon--which I mean in a good way--but if I have any neurological symptoms, I would definitely see him/his colleagues over the docs at Georgetown. The staff I interacted with were friendly and professional so I guess they've changed their staff over the last few years. I did have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment. Wait time was 15-20 mins. I'm pleasantly surprised that my experience was not like the negative reviews I've read here and on Yelp. :)

High-Volume, Low Quality Practice show details High-Volume, Low Quality Practice
by Scott on May 28th, 2013

You are probably happy that you got this appointment.. don't be! Go Elsewhere... This is a high-volume, triple-booked, low quality practice. The staff is rude and lazy. They will make jokes behind your back. They will not properly provide information and then blame the patient. The doctor can't be bothered to listen or see you for more than 5 minutes. You have been warned!

Dr. Pulaski has always helped me. show details Dr. Pulaski has always helped me.
by Alicia on Feb 22nd, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Pulaski for several years for his professional expertise of migraine headaches. He is the only Doctor in my 44 years of life, who was able to control my headaches. I always suffered from chronic, debilitating migraines every single day. I can always get an appointment when I need his help with migraines that last more than 4 days! I am always referring people to him because he has helped me so much.

Jul 22nd, 2011

The moment we entered to see him and he heard I had headache, the doctor brushed me off saying he has already seen 2 cases of headaches before me me and its just 'stress' or headache season. After taking history and exam, he again brushed me off saying its migrane. I asked him if it could be lead poisoning and he told me to see my GP fpr thatand all he would do is review my previous MRI after I send it. After the review, he never called back to confirm the diagnosis. The staff lost the MRI cd. He reviewed the MRI report (from another hospital center) and again never called back. After many phone calls, he told me to continue previous meds. He was not sure of diagnosis but thought it was migrane. My symptoms did not improve but I will not again waste time going to see him. I do not feel he has good clinical judgement and every headache is just another migrane...

Jul 14th, 2011

My daughter goes to college in DC and began seeing Dr. Pulaski in February. He apparently knows how to treat migraines and followed what seemed to be the correct procedures for her "new persistent daily headache" (began on Jan. 5 and continues today, July 15, 2011). She and I, her mother, were treated like low-level ignorant people by his pompous, egocentric self. The receptionist and "message-via-phone boy" were snippy and noncompassionate. The absolute worst lack of comfort and human kindness I have ever experienced. It's obvious that is why we were able to book appointments with him. DO NOT GO TO SEE THIS MAN FOR ANY CHRONIC AND DEBILITATING HEAD PAIN.

ceo show details ceo
Jul 7th, 2010

Do not go here if you can afford a better doctor. The staff clearly jhas no respect for the doctor becdause they did not follow his orders -- That was lucky for me because they saved mew from useless and painfull tests. Beware!!

Jul 6th, 2010

This is a low-rent practice. If you can aford better, stay away. The staff clearly has no respect for him so my confidence is low. He seems to know his business but can't get the lowest level staffer to do his bidding. She was belligerent -- obviously irritated at being opushed by a mere doctor. I will look for a doctor who has his own practice. I don't want Walmart med care. I can afford better care -- if I have to mortage the house. When I called to ask his staffer to fax my info -- as the doctor has requested, the man said, "when I get around to it." I liked Dr. Pulaski in the beginninjg but as I considered his staff and their lack of respect for him, I rethought it. Obviously, I am upset. But I am in pain and wasted time here.