Dr. J Reimherr MD Patient Reviews

• Child Psychiatry Lynn, MA

3.1

March 18th, 2016
Great Dr. Wait time is a while
I've seen Dr. Reihmerr for many years now and the only problem is is there not enough of him to go around so we have to wait a little while. But hes great with keeping up with your life and what's going on.

January 16th, 2016
All around poor practice
Double and triple booking is a constant within the entire practice. The wait time on any given day for any given doctor or practitioner is 1 hour and 45 minutes up to 3 hours (which I experienced a handful of times). I believe Sheryl Rosen is the absolute worst in the practice. They don't really listen to you and many mistakes are made in all aspects of the business. I will say I would rate Dr. Reimerr better than the others but it appears to be about pushing patients out quickly to get more in for money's sake and not about the care of the patients.

November 2nd, 2015
I have been a patient for many yrs. Have always been treated respectfully by him and his staff. The front desk staff are very friendly and very professional.

October 29th, 2015
Unfortunately I will forever remember this Doctor. When I was younger my mom went and saw him for her mental health problems. In the process she decided to have me seen by her own Doctor as well. In my opinion I see that as a conflict of interest but that's just my opinion. Anyways, my mom created all these stories of what was wrong with me, and then this Psychiatrist decided to pump an 8 year old with 4-7 different medications 3 times a day. Noone in my family including my grandmother approved of this and tried to reach out to him to make him see I didnt need these. He did not care. I know this because I have had family tell me this as an adult.There was emotional and mental abuse going on at home and not once did he listen to me, instead he felt it was more prudent to pump a child with medication rather than listen to what she said or truly seeing a situation as for what it was within the home. It wasn't until I was 16 when a group home director upon evaluation of me realized these meds were completely inappropriate that they went up against this Dr, who did not want me removed from the meds and tried to convince me that I need to stay on them. Imagine a Dr trying to convince a 16 year old that she can't live without pills. Well, a different Dr. Felt completely different and helped me ween off the several very high doses of medicines he had me on. I owe my life to that worker and other Dr for listening . Before you take your child to this man please remember my story because I will never forget him.

August 3rd, 2015
The wait time is always at least 55 minutes after your scheduled appointment no matter what time I the day it is. The staff is rude and does not understand that kids have a hard time waiting for an hour after the scheduled time. It is obvious that they overscedule and that he is not in on time since has been late for hi first appointment of the day.

May 20th, 2015
This doctor finally took the time & patience to help my son when NO ONE ELSE DID. My son and I felt very comfortable with the medication that was given to him for ADHD & explanation given on how it works, and side effects. I FINALLY have my baby back. Thanks Dr. R.

October 24th, 2012
HORRIBLE DOCTOR...
over books ON PURPOSE...shows up late for his morning appointments (i.e. appoint at 8 he'll show up at 830) makes you wait in the office EVERY TIME for more than ONE HOUR and if u have a 2pm appointment you'll be seen at 3 so if u decide to come in late to bypass the wait time, that wont work, you'll get seen later than you original appointment Psychiatric Associates Of Lynn SUCKS!!!!!

April 30th, 2012
Doctor himself is very nice and helpful. The front desk is always double booking appointments, which makes the wait horrible you are not seeing the doctor until 2hours or more after your scheduled appointment. Also, the front desk seems to have lack of communication within themselves which can be frustrating.

November 8th, 2011
legal drug dealer
I had been seeing this doctor for over 5yrs, and was on methadone at the time to be honest I was only going there to try and get some benzo's well I did get plenty of xanax every 2 weeks then he found out that I was on the methadone clinic. I thought he was going to get rid of me but instead he asked me if I wanted to get on his suboxone program, I was shocked to keep this short I did get off the methadone and on his suboxone program I will tell you the suboxone has changed my life for the better but you still have to deal with someone holding a drug over your head and if you dont like waiting then leave or better yet go back to the methadone clinic and wait in line every day. Things like that have been said to me but I must admit that I have not been the best patient either but what sticks in my head more than anything is when he said to me"this stuff is like gold" meaning the suboxon all I can say if you dont want to deal with doctors that hold drugs over your head then dont do them . If I was drug free I would never let anybody talk to me the way a lot of doctors do when they know your an addict. Thank god I am in recovery now and dont have to settle for less anymore.

January 30th, 2011
Overmedicates and misdiagnoses
Ive went to mr ryhmyer for a number of years and in the.early years of seeing him I had trusted him a bout maybe two years later he was getting sloppy.i would make an.apointment but still have to wait about.an hour he has.way.too many patients.and is.always.switching medications around a few times I had gotten sick now a few month ago I went and got a.secound opinion well it.turnred out that I DO NOT HAVE BIPOLAR 2 nor ocd it turned out that I just had post tramatic stress.from my childhood and add he is a fraud and I would nevet refer him to anyone

January 5th, 2011
this doctor is a joke
I have seen him for 2 years i wait over an hour each time. the front desk women are ditzy un-educated and it sure tells. they are rude as they laugh and snicker about patients they make you feel very uncomfortable. as far as dr.reihmer he will give you any pill as long as he is making money he coould care less about you .and has a different attitude every visit um can you say bi-polar fir a doctor and a doctors office who has access to my medical records i feel violated they are all clowns who work there

October 10th, 2010
mistreatment
This doctor also has a suboxone clinic. I found and made an appt. with this doctor when I realized I had a problem with presciption pain pills. For over a year I went, first every week, then twice monthly and then once monthy. I would have to go to Willow lab and give a urine sample every month and then I would wait WELL OVER an hour to see this doctor and when finally my name was called I spent all of 3 minutes with him on any appt. I have never in the close to 2 years spent more then 3-4 minutes witht his doctor but have ALWAYS waited over an hour to see him. After he writes your presciptions he INSITS that you use Willow Pharmacy....(makes me wonder). It always made me ill to sit in his waiting room and listen to th majority if his suboxone patients make phone calls or talk amongst one another about selling thier own prescribed meds for money to buy street drugs. This is a regular occurance there, and I brought it to his attention in detail on one occasion. I gave him the name of patient and told him exactly what she had said regarding how many pills she was about to recieve and what she wanted for them. This doctor was unphased. My next visit I was there at same time as above mentioned patient again and she actually started an argument with me !! Now how would she know what I spoke to Dr. about ? There was just to many other patients on the day I brought matter to Dr's atention for her to figure out in a million years who it was that said something so how did dhe know?? I feel positive he broke a confidentiality that could have ended up in me being physically hurt! The staff there is horrile! The 2 women behind the desk are unfriendly and down right RUDE !! They whisper about patients and laugh, they are innappropriate to say the least. It is my opinion that neither of them is very educated and it shows. These are the people who have accesss to MY personal medical records ! The lab and pharmacy he INSITS you use are both awful. The lab makes you do a supervised urine and in my opinion this is MORE then supervised. They have a mirror so as to see your beind! They bend over to get a view of your genetalia and they ask you to stand or squat in the most ridiculous positions. IT is quite embarrassing to say the least. The thing id these "supervisors" who watch you pee, are office help, secretaries, file clerks. NO MEDICAL BACKGROUND not even a nursing assistant. I am being supervised and humiliated by paper pushers on a power trip ! This is my opinion, if you want to be treated like crap, wait for over an hour every time you have an appt, be humilated by file clerks "supervising" you whilst you provide a urine sample then this Dr. is your guy! One more important detail, this Dr. has absolutely ZERO bedside manner and changes his "mood" with each visit. No compassion and he treats absolutely every patient on his suboxone clinic the same, like crap !