Dr. Philip Ryan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 15th, 2016
Only wants to send you to his nutritionist. Has you fill out a lengthy questionnaire but never addresses any of your issues. Doesn't call with test results. Talks down to you.

January 14th, 2015
Dr. Ryan helped my son's Diabetes
Dr. Ryan is a busy and well-trained Endocrinologist who my son saw for his Diabetes. He is professional and his staff is just great. I am impressed with his Harvard education and fellowship training. He is very helpful for an anxious Mom like me, answering all of my questions and explaining everything to us.

June 29th, 2013
Very Dissatisfied
I have yet to know how much of the medication I am supposed to be taking! The Dr. had asked me to call him a week after my office visit to get the results of the lab tests. The male clerk in his office said everything was okay, and to continue taking meds as I had been. However, the Dr. had suggested I take them differently during the visit. When I asked the clerk if he was sure, he stated he was "pretty sure." To make a long story short, I still do not know whether I should be taking more or less of my medication. After two phone calls, they have given me THREE different answers. I will never waste my time or money going to this Dr. again. The staff appears to be incompetent, and the Dr. seems to be indifferent.

October 26th, 2012
prescriptions
Would give me samples that he had received from the drug reps. (which was ok) to see if a particular drug worked, BUT MOST OF THE DRUGS WERE VERY EXPENSIVE AND NOT COVERED BY MY INSURANCE!!! One drug he gave me even had a warning not to give to patients with a history of the type of chronic condition that I have.

November 30th, 2011
The staff was courteous and helpful. Dr Ryan took the time to fully review my medical history. He made made accurate decisions and solutions to assist me in the correction of my medical issues. So happy, I made him my daughter's endocrinologist as well.

June 9th, 2011
Good Doctor and PA
I have been seeing the PA and DR here for a time. I get good care here. They listen and always take an ample amount of time with me. The staff is a bit stuffy but proficient.

February 1st, 2011
CUTTING EDGE GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

October 5th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Ryan is a wonderful. He is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise and will spend as much time necessary to explain any questions the patient might have. The staff is courteous but I do not like getting transfered on the phone to the nurses desk where you will almost always leave a message and hope they get back to you. Overall - I am very happy with this doctor and will continue to see him regularly.

October 13th, 2009
the staff tends to overbook appointments which annoys alot of patients because they have to wait-it has happened to me and I have witnessed several others on the same day with this issue. The desk staff is personality minus, nurse is good.

October 8th, 2009
dr ryan is very cut and dry, he does his job but doesnt seem to notice that you are a person,only a patient.his nurse (a guy,cant remember his name) needs to be fired,hes rude and stupid.he told me i was fat when i was pregnant. he said "im fat, but im not as fat as you" when he was squating down to check for swelling in my ankles.the lady nurse in back,is also cut and dry.only ones that are not robot like are the ladies in the front of the office.i dread going there.