A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Schauer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Schauer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schauer
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schauer Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Schauer, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Diseases
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Morbid Obesity
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Schauer graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Schauer has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- CCHS Cleveland Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip R Schauer MD is a male Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Philip R. Schauer practice?
- Dr. Philip Schauer has 2 office locations.
Dr. Philip Schauer practices Surgery near Cleveland, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Elyria, OH.
See Cleveland Surgeons.