A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Schauer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Schauer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Schauer, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Diseases
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Morbid Obesity
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Schauer graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Schauer has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- CCHS Cleveland Clinic
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schauer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 3 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Philip R. Schauer practice?
Dr. Philip Schauer practices Surgery near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Surgeons.