A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Shain:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Shain is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shain
ADHD Patient Education Read our ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Shain Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Shain, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shain graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Shain has 3 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- John Muir Med Center Walnut Creek Campus
- John Muir Med Center Concord Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip Warren Shain MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Philip W. Shain practice?
- Dr. Philip Shain has 1 office location.
Dr. Philip Shain practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Concord, CA.
See Concord Psychiatrists and Concord Child Psychiatrists.