Overall Review

2.0

July 14th, 2016
Very dissatisfied
Mother of a two year old baby girl on her 18th day of an undiagnosed condition with persisting fever of over 104 degrees and hundreds of pus filled lesions over her entire body - pretty serious - and obviously pretty scary to parents of a toddler. Shenefelt didnt want to hear about the symptoms or month worth of agony that could possibly have led him to understanding what ever illness she's experiencing, and then properly diagnose it. Neither did he take the time to examine my daughters hundreds of lesions all over her little body, in fact he never came within two feet of her. When my husband and I asked him questions about what he thought it "possibly was," he never even bothered to answer, he just stared, stared at us as if we were wasting his time. I won't call you Dr Shenefelt because quite honestly you don't deserve it , so Mr Shenefelt either retire or review the basics of your profession, LISTEN to your patients, and EXAMINE your patients. To other parents out there, I HIGHLY recommend you search for a different Dermatologist.

April 21st, 2016
Dr. Shenefelt is totally disinterested. He did not preform an examination of me. If you are want a thorough examination, you should seek out a different physician.

June 22nd, 2015
This doctor told me and my mother "to just stop scratching," it was all in our heads. No biopsies, no test, no meds, no help. Go to Jill Logan Facebook to see what he missed. How we are suffering.

February 10th, 2015
Best of the best,!!!!

December 29th, 2014
one last try
I took my daughter to see Dr. Shenefelt and had the EXACT same experience as other negative reviews. I felt as if I was reading my experience over and over. This is a teaching school so I'm thrilled and ok with up and coming doctors LEARNing but the apathy that Dr. Shenefelt displayed was very unprofessional and I would imagine uninspiring to these young minds. I will give him one last try and sadly have to find another if he doesn't step it up.

April 21st, 2014
Mother of Patient
I took my daughter to see Dr. Shenefelt. I had originally be referred to Dr. Fenske, however, we could see Dr. Shenefelt sooner, so we opted to do this. The resident came in the room, briefly examined my daughter, and then left. Dr. Shenefelt came in a few minutes later, did not even touch my daughter or look at her skin, did not acknowledge me, and then left the room in less than a minute. It was absolutely the weirdest and worst experience we have ever had in a doctor's office. At checkout, the receptionist told me he wanted a 4-6 week follow up visit. We did not make one. I would recommend you fine another dermatologist somewhere else. There are plenty of wonderful doctors out there who will do a good job treating patients. He is not one of them. Do not waste your time or money to see him.

July 29th, 2013
Not what I expected
Took my kids to USF Dermatology and had a nice DR in training come and assist us. She was friendly but, not very helpful. My 7 year son legs were very dry and he had some tiny pimples on his chin. They said to use lotion even though I was already using the brand that they recommended. My son drinks plenty of water as well. Dr Shenefelt, walks in, barely looks a my son and then says the same thing as the Dr in training. Just like that, they want us to come back in 6 months. He's a Dr so, I thought maybe he's seen this before and it takes care of itself so, I took my other child with Eczema and her face was getting dis-colorized. My wife is an LPN who said to ask for a steroid creme which has helped in the past. Same procedure, the Dr in training comes in, she's very pleasant but, not very knowledgeable. I selected this Dr because he's supposed to be really good. He walks in, doesn't ask to have test done or take a sample. Just agrees with the Dr in Training that she will have the discoloration for years. After we leave this jokester, we head to another dermatologist who gave us the steroid creme and it cleared up in 5 days. They collect your co-pay then send you a bill asking for the co-pay. I wouldn't recommend anyone who loves their children to go to this Dr/Office.

May 24th, 2013
After a long wait, this doctor came in, only after his intern had completed the examination and numbed the suspected area, took a quick biopsy, informed me that he didn't think it was anything to worry about but if it was he would call me if there was a problem. I was given no instructions as how to treat the wound which was a large hole in my leg. A week later, I had to pick up a certified letter at the post office that informed me that indeed, it was cancerous. I tried to call the office 3 times in 3 days never getting a human voice but the voice message said that if I left my name, number and birthdate that I would receive a return call within 24 hours. By that time, the wound had also gotten infected but more than anything else I wanted to know how to proceed with treatment. By the 3rd day, I was extremely upset. Finally a friend who had some pull at USF, had another doctor call me who apologized profusely then gave the the details of the biopsy and told me that I needed to come in for treatments. I do NOT recommend Dr Shenfelt's office. Seems all he is interested in selling cosmetic treatments more than being a true dermatologist.

July 29th, 2012
patient, nurse
Dr Shenefelt came highly recommended. I had seen two outer dermatologists that did not know what I had.. Dr. Shenefelt had the workup done by his derm fellow..when he entered the exam room he made a diagnosis without even speaking, seeing , examining or listening to me.. He was way out of line and absolutely insulting..Avoid this physician as he is not a good practitioner.

October 15th, 2011
Mr. Dan Macias
I have many complications stemming for a rare form of PRP (Pityriasis Rubra Piaris). He literally saved my life in the begining stages and has continued to take care of me ever since. In addition He has continued a degree of honest integrity and perfection personified. no matter what complications arrise, he and his staff have been there for me. the disease is still active and I am confident he will mitigate in the future. I have always kept my faith in Doctor Phillip Shenefelts' treatment plan. He has a wonderfull bedside manner. He cares his patients and has never failed to investigate changes in my on-going condition. I would recomend him and the USF Dernatology Department as a whole without resevation.