Dr. Philip Shields MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 23rd, 2015
Twice I've had to wait an hour or more.

July 14th, 2015
I came to Santa Fe a year ago with a diagnosis in hand from my doctor in San Antonio, Texas. My S.A. dr. wanted me to immediately have surgery to replace a disc in my neck that was pressing on my spinal cord. All sorts of dire warnings had been given. When I saw Dr. Shields he said he saw the disc in question but he did not think the situation was bad enough for surgery. He advised PT and to watch and wait for awhile. He was absolutely correct. I have not needed the surgery, the PT made things a million times better. I trust Dr. Shields and based on my experiences I think he is a great doctor.

June 2nd, 2015
Very kind and seems quite competent (as if I am qualified to evaluate a neurosurgeon) and is well respected by another local doctor and his own staff.

December 4th, 2013
a real doctor ?
Be aware of the service they provide. Really a shame when we spend that much money for a visit. They need to reconsidered their customer service. A loss of time for my wife and I

May 9th, 2013
I am grateful to have found Dr. Philip Shields as my neurosurgeon! I am recovering successfully after a four hour anterior cervical diskectomy fusion and my terrible months of pain and numbness are over! Dr. Shields spent all the time my husband and I needed to fully understand this surgery and the recovery. Except for a scar that is still resolving, I have resumed my normal activities "with caution" after only four weeks. His staff and particularly his wonderful nurse practitioner have been terrific, and always available to answer my questions. Also, I stopped in one day just "to be sure" all was well and I was fit right in. A little piece of stitch was removed right there. My follow-up will continue and I couldn't be more pleased with the results and my care. I spent one night in my local hospital and was off meds the third day. Life is good again!! Dr. Shields could not be kinder or more thoughtful to me as his patient along the path to a full recovery.

August 6th, 2012
Excellent surgeon, is very quiet but nice

May 26th, 2011
Excellent surgeon and staff!!!
Dr. Shields removed a tumor from my spine a couple years ago and I am SO appriciative that he was able to be my surgeon! I have never had any problems whatsoever with him or his office; all his staff are great wonderful people! Anyone who thinks differently must be out of thier minds! When you can get a guy who has been in a wheelchair up and walking again; I'd say he's an awesome Dr./surgeon!!!

April 4th, 2011
Dr shields is a wonderful doctor,he cares so much about all that are in his care.I would never go to anyone else foe my care.