Dr. Philip Sondreal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Philip Sondreal?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2016

Depends on what you're there for ...

I find the two reviews below mine to be quite interesting because I have experienced both extremes with this doctor. When you are there for something routine and medical, he is very skilled and I, too, was surprised to have him call me a few days later to see how I was doing. But I've experienced the other side of him too when I was there for something a little more complex (and which involved some psych). It's not his thing. AT ALL. He didn't listen well. I felt put down, shamed and that he didn't care. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. And there was no followup or any interest in how I was doing afterwards.

April 4th, 2012

A touching experience from a caring Docter

Wow. I am 15 weeks pregnant with my second child and had a horrible run in with the flu/cold over the weekend.It started Friday evening as a cold and by Sunday afternoon I was so ill that I couldn't even keep water down. When my husband brought me in to see Dr. Sondreal I was exhausted, emotional, and very concerned about my baby for the fear of dehydration.Dr. Sondreal was kind and corteous and calmed my fears. I was tested for influenza which was negative so he then perscribed a anti-nausea medication so that I would no longer be in jeopardy of dehydration. Upon leaving he told me to call by Tuesday if I was not feeling better.Today is Tuesday evening and I got a call from HIM checking to make sure I was doing ok! He of course remembered that I was pregnant, wanted to make sure I was able to be eating again and asked if there was anything else he could do. I am touched that he took the time to check up on me.This is my second time at this clinic and I went back because I was so impressed with the first Docter only to be impressed again by the second Docter I am grateful to have such a excellent caring clinic in our city.

August 3rd, 2009

A "Dr. Phil" Wannabe

Immediately after I had checked in, before I had even sat down in the waiting room, I was called in for my appointment! How rare! After the nurse settled me into the room, I waited less than a minute for the doctor! He shook my hand upon entering the room. All of this was a good sign. From then on, it went downhill fast. Had I felt well enough to think more clearly, I would have known enough to walk out of this appointment. From the get go, and throughout the appointment, Dr. Sondreal treated me in an extremely condescending way. Though he gave me extensive time, his listening skills were poor. He briskly cut me off in mid-sentence several times. Many of his responses were just plain rude. Though he listened to some of what I said, he did not seem to "hear". He made rapid judgments based on incorrect assumptions, without allowing my full input. I felt that my integrity was questioned. My intelligence was certainly insulted. I felt vulnerable, shamed, and victimized. Dr. Sondreal seemed grossly uninformed, on several levels, involving common health troubles! The resulting stress from the extremely unpleasant experience of this appointment was a setback to my health. More harm was done than good. I have always understood that "First do no harm" was a doctor's creed. I am cautioning everyone I know to avoid this doctor.

Type 2 Diabetes