Dr. Philip Szold Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Philip Szold?

the best doctor ever

Posted on July 11th, 2013

I love doctor szold. Weve known him for 12 years. He has done so much for us. He helped get my oldest sons asthma under control when alk the other doctors couldn't. He answered my calls always even at 4am when my younger son had a 104 fever and when he had to be hospitalzed with phnomina he checked on him twice a day. He has always spent extra time with us and answered every question no matter how stupid they might be. All of my kids just love him and its never a fight when its time to go to the doctor. Even for shots. Hes like part of the family. And when he retires we are going to miss him very much. My kids cried when I had to tell them that he was retireing soon. We love ya dr. Szold and are gonna miss ya.

Not anymore!!!!!!

Posted on March 29th, 2012

My kids are 5 yrs and 8 yrs old, and yes it took me this long to realize that I NEED TO CHANGE DOCOR AND CLINIC!!! Last time I was there for a concern regarding my son in pain, I was told by the MANAGER that my son couldn't be seen because I did not make an appointment! Well if you can't even get through the damm phone!!! and I am more worried to get there to have my son be seeing, and from the arguing they tell me ok we will see your son there is a Copay for non appointment, I have no problem with that.. but by being in a hurry to get there.. I did not have my wallet.. I was very upset because they said "No we can't see him if you don't pay now" I have been taking my kids there for over 8 years and always paid on time and that situation was different... that even a grandma who saw me crying and upset because they wouldn't take my son!!! gave me the money to pay and told the office "NO COMPASSION, NO HEART FOR A CHILD WHO IS IN PAIN!!!" yup none what so ever, than I talked to dr. viviane and she apologized for what happened but it wouldn't make a difference... The last thing to make things worst: leaving 5 messages regarding my son's feet problem!!! messages to Dr. Szold, nurse, referral line and receptionist!!! I did not get a call back..until I left a last message on Dr. Szolds voicemail, showing how upset I was for not getting a call back, he said to me "This happened 4 months ago" YES I SAID!!! BUT I KEPT CALLING!!!! AND GOT NO ANSWER BACK!!!! IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING!!! I CHOSE A NEW DOCTOR AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH HIM AND HIS STAFF!!!

Great Doctor

Posted on August 29th, 2011

Has been my childs doctor since her birth and is very good and with very good comes very busy.

Please get away from this guy

Posted on May 12th, 2011

You know despite the critics on this page I took my children to see this guy. I am so sorry that I did not believe the folks who were commenting with TRUTH about him. Is it just me or have others read the positive comments and found them to be somewhat IDENTICAL? Find another dr., please do not use this Doctor. I now wish that I had followed the advise of so many and not wasted my time with him or his snotty staff

WORST DOCTOR EVER

Posted on December 23rd, 2010

He is an absolute jerk. I filed a complaint with the Medical Board after 1 visit.

Posted on August 19th, 2010

Any disagreements you may have with him or his many opinions will be talked about OVER and OVER until you just figure you should change doctors just to decrease your own stress level!

Dr. Szold is the worst doctor I've ever run across.

Posted on February 6th, 2010

I brought my 11 year old daughter to see Dr. Szold as a follow-up visit to our procedure in the Emergency Room. When Dr. Szold walked into the room, the first thing he said was that we really didnt need to be seen. He stated that the ER only scheduled the follow-up to cover their butt. When I mentioned the ER had left packing in her wound, he stated that I could remove it myself but agreed a follow-up was probably a good idea. Dr. Szold started to tear the tape holding the outer (bandage) gauze away from my daughters arm and she protested that it hurt. She asked if she could remove it. He was visibly irritated and left the room stating he would return when we were done playing with it. He returned shortly later and lifted my daughters arm in the air. He moved toward the packing to remove it and she pulled away crying because she was afraid it would hurt. He grabbed her arm tighter and told me to grab her other arm to restrain her. Specifically he state Mom, I need you to restrain her. My daughter is very well behaved, not a toddler in need of restraint. I (very calmly) suggested we give her a minute to compose herself. I had watched my daughter sit through approximately 2 minutes with a needle inside her wound at the ER the previous day. She cried, but she didnt squirm or in any way interrupt the procedure. I realized she was scared and just needed to be reassured. I also noted that he left a clear impression on her arm where he had been gripping tightly. Dr. Szold did not agree with my suggestion. He got visibly agitated, mumbled something I do not remember and left the room. I comforted my daughter who pleaded with me to get another doctor. I left the room and went to talk to Dr. Szold. I told him that my daughter would prefer another nurse or doctor treat her. I stated that this was not personal; she was just scared based on her visit to the ER the previous day. He told me that no other doctors were available to treat her and that I could schedule another appointment and come back. I said we would be happy to see a nurse but he stated only a doctor could remove the packing. When I mentioned that he had earlier stated I could remove it myself, he shrugged it off. I went back to the room to comfort my daughter who was now trembling and crying because she was scared of both him and of having the packing removed. I left the room again and spoke with a nurse who said she would be happy to send a nurse in to remove the packing. At that moment Dr. Szold walked up and told the nurse everyone was too busy and that my appointment would need to be rescheduled. I asked him if he was really going to deny an 11 year old medical care that she clearly needed and he again stated we could schedule an appointment and come back. When I pointed out that the nurse had said others were available, he actually ignored me. I never raised my voice but did state that his behavior was unprofessional and that I intended to contact the Medical Board. My daughter was not out of control. She behaved like a typical 11 year old. I was not unreasonable in my request to have her seen by someone else. After he grabbed her arm so tightly he left a mark, my daughter was afraid of him. To deny medical care in this situation was unprofessional and unconscionable for a doctor.

Posted on October 6th, 2009

On the occasions when I have seen Dr. Szold (sick baby visits - I will NOT see him for well baby appts), he has been rude and condescending. He admonished me for comforting my frightened and sick son, stating that I shouldn't give him attention for such behavior (whimpering, crying). What parent wouldn't give their scared 9 month old attention? Also, I think it's inappropriate to post fliers about his political beliefs in the exam rooms - there's a time and a place for that and a pediatric office is not appropriate.

Posted on October 1st, 2009

Great doctor! A bit gruff...but extremely knowlegeable about ADD/ADHD! Spent over the top time with my child. Very detailed when questioning symptoms...and very explicit when explaining my child's needs. Highly recommend Dr. Szold for a child with these needs!

We will not see Dr. Szold again

Posted on September 18th, 2009

I have had two negative experiences with Dr. Szold and refuse to bring my child to see him ever again. (I will still bring my child to see other doctors and nurse practitioners in the same office, however.) 1. When I brought my son for his well-child visit, Szold spent a long time lecturing about childhood obesity. When I pointed out that my son is skinny and has visible ribs (one of Szold's criteria for healthy children), he told me I had "fat eyes," and that in Samoa, I would be considered thin. !!!! I am not severely overweight, and was baffled by his inappropriateness and rudeness.2. When I brought my son in due to excessive coughing, Szold immediately began to lecture about the prevalance of asthma in children and supposed -- BEFORE EVEN EXAMINING MY SON -- that my son had asthma. He prescribed an inhaler and sent us home. When my son's illness worsened, I took him back to the office, to a DIFFERENT doctor. My son was diagnosed with walking pneumonia, prescribed the appropriate medication, and proceeded to get well.Since that time, every time I've called the office to schedule a "sick" appointment for my son, the receptionist has tried to set us up with Szold and I have refused. I get the impression Szold has a lot of free time on his hands because of the way he treats patients and their parents. He talks a LOT more than he listens. Thank goodness the other doctors and nurse practitioners in the office are just the opposite and provide excellent care. Otherwise, we would have changed pediatric practices a long time ago.

Posted on September 16th, 2015