inactive

Philip T Miner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

January 27th, 2016
The most understanding and willingness to work with patient to accept and understand, difficult misdiagnosed, medical syndrome. This man saved my life. His staff is equally health orientated and more than willing to always go the extra mile to assist with medical side effects that appear with health plan Dr. Miner has worked out with patient in living with a chronic illness. Totally honest about possibilities of the correct treatment of diagnosed syndrome may not be immediate. Very patient staff when needing support at low times in the early times upon being diagnosed. I love all of his staff and support referrals etc. Half of a medical diagnosis is understanding and proper education and treatment options.

January 14th, 2015
Been other places...Love Dr. Miner
My son suffers from chronic migraines. .Dr. Miner gave us a diagnosis. Wasn't what I wanted to hear took my son to several other doctors-traveled far to do so. They all said the same thing. Doctor Miner was right and he was the only doctor that my son actually liked. He spends more time talking to my boy than me during his appts. I feel like he is very thorough. He is way hard to get into though.

January 14th, 2015
Worst pediatric neurologist ever
Dr. Miner was assigned to treat my son after a brain bleed during his 3 month hosp stay. Dr. Miner was the only pediatric neurologist in our area at this time. He is the rudest most arrogant man I have ever met. During follow up visits with my son after we took him home he refused to discuss any trmt for ongoing seizures stating "he'd had a brain bleed what did I expect?" And refused to even examine my son. I took my son to Mpls MN from Duluth MN where they treated my son immediately ending his infantile spasms. Dr. Miner never looked me in the eyes and always spoke down to me. He refused to answer questions stating only that my son would never do anything in his life and should be placed in a home. Basically he wrote him off. This man belongs in a job where he works alone and never has to deal with people as he doesn't know how. I would never ever recommend this doctor ! I complained to the head of our hosp and was told that if firing someone was easy he would have been gone long ago. I am shocked to find him now yrs later still practicing. I can only say I'm glad he left our state. Had I not taken my son to Mpls and had I believed what this man said and continued to doctor with him I believe my son would have died within his first year. This man has no business being a doctor.

July 24th, 2013
I had written the wrong amount of concussions on my sons sports physical when I took him to his primary Dr in 2012. We were referred to Dr. Miner and he suggested that my son not play ANY sports, Even though the testing that Dr. Miner did was all normal/negative and was only a 10 minute office visit with 5 of those minutes he did testing right in the room. I realized I had made a mistake on the amount of concussions and even went as far as to have my sons medical record pulled from the ER we go to. I faxed these records along with an explanation that I did put the incorrect number of concussions. My son had only been diagnosed with 1 in 2010. As of today, a year later,Dr Miner will not release my son to play sports. After several phone calls and requests to have my son released, I still, a year later have no release and an answer of I wont discuss it further. Their is no evidence that my son should not play sports. Dr Miner will not even look at the medical records stating that he has only been diagnosed with 1 concussion. He does not give any reason for not releasing my son, just that its his suggestion. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the AMA.

February 12th, 2013
No thank you to dr miner
Not very friendly, diagnosed child wrong. Delivered bad news and didn't wait to answer questions. Child was having issues not breathing and seizing and he didn't even answer my pediatricians calls, said I was a paranoid mother.

January 10th, 2012
Great doc
I was surprised to see low reviews. My son has been a patient for 3 years and Dr. Miner and his staff have always been friendly, professional, promptly return my phone calls, and I have never waited more than 10 min or less for my appointment. Dr Miner always answers my questions and takes his time with us.

May 2nd, 2011
Good Referral
Referred by my son's pcp. I liked the fact that he did not instantly label my son upon our 1st meeting. He ordered more tests before making a diagnosis which put my mind at ease. He is efficient and very bright. He seems to work very well with kids.

September 23rd, 2010
awful dr.
He spent enough time with us on our first visit but only spent about 1 minute discussing the result of my daughters tests, and he actually was walking out the room as I was asking questions and never got answered.

December 7th, 2009
Best Doctor
This is the best doctor is the buisness. He loves children and is really patient.Great knowledge.