Dr. Philip Theodosopoulos MD, BS Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery San Francisco, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 19th, 2016
I had an acoustic neuroma which Dr Theo operated on at Cincinnati. I couldn't have been in better hands. I would recommend him to anybody.

October 26th, 2015
Wonderful brilliant neurosurgeon who actually has compassion and great sense of humor. Couldn't have been graced with a better person to perform my surgery!! Thank you, Dr Theo.

May 20th, 2015
Horrible.
I had 4 surgeries done by dr. Theodosopoulos, all resulting in complications. He was very rude and actually threatened that if my body had a resistance to the fourth implant, instead of trying another route, he would not do another surgery on me, even if it resulted in me going blind. So I found another doctor and the shunt had a blockage even though theodosopulous was adamant nothing was wrong.

December 1st, 2011
His bedside manner needs a lot of work. When my family explained I had personality changes, insomnia, walking to the left, staggering gait &, severe headaches returning he did not take the information seriously. Finally ordered a CT scan which exposed a 2.5 cm deep hematoma which had been there about nine weeks. When reviewing my medical records it was noted when leaving the hospital that I had a 0.5 mm dark area that needed to be observed. Finally did a ct and called saying I needed to come the next day and surgery would follow the next morning. I have had severe lasting problems. I got speech therapy ordered by my family doctor a year later. When I saw dr. Theo after that and asked if he knew about the therapy I was having he said he did. My husband asked why he had not ordered it before and he said he likes the brain to heal a year or so first. What a bad answer. I am a nurse and I know with any brain injury the sooner therapy starts the more positive the outcome. Statute of limitations is over n all said and done. I will never be able to work as a nurse again due to the damage affecting short term memory. The least he could do for me would be to be a man and apologize and help me obtain my disability I am still fighting for.

July 23rd, 2016