Dr. Philip Wasserstein MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Palo Alto, CA

• Good
  • Bad

January 26th, 2015
Dr.Wasserstein was very thorough and helpful...seemed very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him.

November 25th, 2013
Top of the scale on every dimension
Dr. Wasserstein is the most compassionate, well-informed, and tenacious medical care specialist of the approximately 20 I've had in my life. I have early onset Parkinson's disease, and Dr. Wasserstein has done everything possible to maintain and extend my quality of life for almost 20 years now. He has a remarkable capacity to converse with the patient on an intellectual plane that suits the patient. He strikes a careful balance between concern for the patient with a progressive illness and yet maintaining optimism about those things that are going well. You invariably leave his office better informed than you walked in -- not more confused, as is the case with many doctors. To the sole disillusioned reviewer who speaks negatively about Dr.W., all I can say is that I'm sorry your one bad experience was nothing at all like my dozens.

June 7th, 2013
Life Saving
I have a difficult time understand how anyone could review this doctor in the slightest negative light. He literally saved my life and has shown nothing but the highest interest in my case. The reports that he has sent to my GP are so complete that my GP says he has rarely seen anything like them. His full attention has been on my case the entire time he has been treating me and even occasionally calls me at home to make sure I'm taking my treatment properly. This is in opposition to other doctors who prescribed a pill and simply forgot me. Is he sometime a little overbearing? Yes, because you MUST follow his orders to recover from an injury that requires the services of such a fine neurologist. And to make that plain is difficult with some people. Especially if their injuries prevents them from remembering these orders as mine were.

November 24th, 2012
I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease by Dr. Wasserstein. Upon asking I was told in no uncertain terms that in 5 years I would not have the motor skills necessary to work in my trade. I also asked specifically how many years I had before I would become incapacitated. Again, I was told in no uncertain terms; 10 years...Fortunately I chose to get a second opinion at the UCSF Parkinson's Disease and Research Center. I told the doctor there about the bleak future given by Dr. Wasserstein. His answer;.. " I don't know why he would tell you that" FAST FORWARD 8 YEARS.. Guess What ? I'm still functioning and working in my trade... And still am being treated at UCSF.. My advice to anyone who develops a movement disorder;.. DON'T WALK, BUT RUN TO THE THE UCSF NEUROLOGY DEPT... They are the people who write the books and are on the cutting edge of research... Look it up.. This isn't an opinion... It's the fact of the matter

August 24th, 2014