A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Watkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Watkins, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Watkins graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Watkins has 7 hospital affiliations:
- University of New Mexico Hospital
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Watkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Presbyterian Health Plan - 8 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Philip H. Watkins practice?
Dr. Philip Watkins practices Ophthalmology near Albuquerque, NM.
See Albuquerque Ophthalmologists.