Dr. Philip Wiley MD Patient Reviews

2.2

August 6th, 2014
Old Amy Doctor that was probably good out in the field but very rough in the office. Very rough. I was told my procedure that I'd have to lose the feeling in my ear and possibly the side of my face. At first I appreciated his honesty about the side affects but upon getting a second opinion I found this not to be true... It was a very long and difficult procedure, that included 90% of the time to get around all the nerves so the patience would not lose feeling in their ear and the side of their face. When Dr. Wiley told me that the timing would be much shorter compared to other ENT's I figured out he just wasn't spending the time to do it right to move the nerves which would of caused the nerve damage. I'm so very glad I went to another Dr to have this done as I haven't lost any feeling at all!

October 22nd, 2013
Avoid this doc
The worst doctor I've ever been to. Had no desire to listen to me and my concerns. I left knowing no more than when I arrived.

June 11th, 2013
I had a growth in my throat and was told by a Doctor in Farmington that I also needed to have my tonsils removed and a deviated septum repaired. He scheduled surgery for me before I left his office. I made an appointment with Dr. Wiley for a second opinion. I know several people that have gone to him and they were very pleased. I went to my appointment and was told by Dr. Wiley that my tonsils and septum were fine and that he could remove the mass in my throat in his office without surgery. Not only that, he checked his schedule and offered to do it right then, so I wouldn't have to drive back to Durango. He removed the growth, it was benign, and I couldn't be happier. I have recommended him to several family members and friends and they were very pleased.

November 13th, 2012
Dena
I wanted to write this review because of a previous review that made me hesitate when my husband made the appointment. My husband called and they saw me the next day. I checked in, filled out the new patient paperwork. And was called back 15 minutes EARLY! The dr, unlike my previous was extremely knowledgeable about my condition and gave me more info than I have ever received before. That afternoon I received a follow up call based on my transferred records. He had me schedule a follow up, which went just as smoothly as the first appointment. He is treating my disorder with the most current treatments available, which means he stays on top of current research. I am extremely happy that I switched dr's!

March 19th, 2012
Office Poorly Managed
I had the unfortunate experience of making an appointment with Dr Wiley. There are only two tonsil surgeons in town and this one takes my insurance but the hospital he does surgery at doesn't. Knowing this, I explained my insurance and mom's employer to them and they went ahead and made the appointment for me. It wasn't until I took off of school and went to the doctor appt that the doctor himself explained I should go to the other ENT because of insurance! My stepdad called their office manager to ask if they could make any adjustments (they can rebill it through insurance using different codes) but a woman named Rosemary (office manager) would not or maybe she wasn't trained properly. The level of professionalism and patient advocacy in this office is anemic. Rosemary did not discourage me from posting a negative comment stating in a nutshell "do whatever you need to do."

December 6th, 2011
Lacks social skills
Lacks in social skills and is quick to diagnosis without doing proper testing.