Dr. Philip Zilo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 14th, 2015
worst doctor ever
Look for another Dr. This guy is out of his mind.

May 19th, 2014
Knowledge and office staff, great, empathy and phlebotomy not so good
I was referred to Dr Zilo by a neurologist who's trying to determine why I have a lot of weird symptoms. One of those symptoms is feeling like I'm going to fall at certain times, especially when I hit a wide-open area with stairs going down. Dr Zilo listened to my description, and said that he didn't think I had real lightheaded-ness, but that he'd run me through a tilt table test to be certain. Our first visit went well, the office staff was quick to check me in and I got into the room to see the doctor very quickly. He asked lots of questions and listened to my responses. I was scheduled to come back the very next Monday, got into the office a few minutes early, and the wait was a bit longer this time, but not unreasonable. That's where the pleasantness ended. I was brought into their testing room, which seemed more "like a tilt table/storage room" as my husband described it when he joined me later. The doctor described the test to me, then the nurse took over and got me strapped down with the blood pressure cuff applied. Because of my symptoms, automatic cuffs can be very painful for me, but she worked to get it adjusted to a spot where I could bear the pain. She asked if "I was hard to stick" and I said I don't think so, I've been stuck quite a few times recently. Then the doctor came in to do the "sticking". And he stuck...and stuck...and stuck...and stuck...and on try 5 he finally found some blood. I wasn't upset that he couldn't find a vein that worked, but it HURT to be stuck so many times, and I couldn't help but cry. I'm the kind of person who is embarrassed to cry in public, so I just turned my face away until they were done. As it turned out he noticed I was crying, and his response was to ask what was wrong with me, and when I said it hurt, he said something like "you're an emotional thing, aren't you?" Well, yes, I'm human, and I feel pain, and sometimes I even cry. At the end of the test, the results were normal. His synopsis was that it was probably "my emotional problems"...or maybe it could be my central nervous system. Yeah, perhaps that's why I'm seeing a neurologist?

June 20th, 2013
Long time Pt
I have been a pt of Dr. Zilo for over 12 years. He was able to diagnose a condition i had for years when no one else could. He is always right on the money when i have problems.He also has a good sense of humor and listens to you.

April 3rd, 2013
Eh.
I have mixed reviews for this doctor. He did a phenomenal job on my surgery and then proceeded to treat me abominably. He was very...let's say motivated to see me discharged from the hospital. I think if there was a laundry shoot for patients, he would have pushed me in it. While changing to leave, I passed out and fell, starting a domino effect of problems that I still suffer from, even now. He then proceeded to tell to my sister that I was a waste of hospital resources. Hence my mixed review. For his intricate work on my surgery, I say bravo. I was high risk, and I'm still alive with the tiniest of tiny scars. For that I give 4 stars that have to average with his negative one million stars for bedside manner. The good news is that I now take better care of myself so that I will never, NEVER have to return to Zilo's "care" again.

July 13th, 2011
Usually do not have to wait more than five minutes unless he had an emergency at which time the staff kept you informed.