inactive

July 1st, 2015
Top of his field!!!!

June 8th, 2015
Incredible surgeon
Dr. Spiess saved my life with his surgical skills. His entire team has been there for me throughout this journey. I highly recommend him to any male facing tough, urological cancer-related decisions.

December 9th, 2013
Outstanding Doctor
DR. Spiess is very competent ,professional and an outstanding physician. I feel so blessed to have found him at Moffitt. I travel to see him from West Palm Beach . He is always kind and caring to me and my husband.

July 31st, 2013
best in the business
As a young surgeon he was confident. as a mature surgeon he is priceless

November 9th, 2012
Sincerity With Complete Knowledge
If you have cancer and you need a doctor who is honest, caring and loving, I would ask that you see Dr. Spiess. When you are in his office, he gives you the attention that you need and answers all the questions that you have. I know that he is very busy, yet when he is with me, he acts as if I am his only patient. Besides that if you have another health problem that is not in his relm of profession he gently urges you to seek help or an opinion from another doctor who does. My husband and I are both patients of his and we completely trust his opinions and listen to him. There should be more doctors like him. We thank God for leading us to Dr. Spiess. He saved my life. With God's help I know he is saving a lot of lives.

May 5th, 2012
Simply the best surgeon ever!
I was very fortunate that Dr Spiess took care of my cancer. No one wanted to tackle my highly challenging kidney cancer case across the country until I saw Dr Spiess. He told me he would ensure I would be fine and I was. He alleviated all of the concerns that my family and I had. He saw me in the hospital every single day and his surgical expertise and care is truly the best that I could every dream of. He is definitely one of the best cancer surgeons in America and I am very fortunate I found him. Thank you Dr Spiess for letting me enjoy life for many more years when faced with a highly aggressive cancer.

February 8th, 2012
I have been followed by Dr. Spiess at the Moffitt Cancer Center for the last two years, for treatment of my kidney Cancer. Dr. Spiess came highly recommended by my physician and I can now proudly say that I too, would highly recommended him. Dr. Spiess explained all treatment and surgical options to me in great details. He spent quite some time with me and my family during this difficult time. Surgery was a great success and I truly felt safe in the care of Dr. Spiess and his supporting staff. He is very compassionate, thourough, attentive, patient, has great bed side manners and most importantly, he is a very knowledgeable and well respected specialist. During my stay at the hospital, Dr. Spiess made a point to check on me daily after surgery. I am now Cancer free and I am grateful for Dr. SPiess everyday. God bless you Dr. Spiess and thank you.

January 10th, 2012
Disappointed Cancer Patient.
Good surgeon/poor aftercare & follow-up. MD skipped my first follow-up appointment after discharge to "get early start on the weekend".He passed me off to a APRN who had no bedside manner and appeared frazzled / over her head. I was in constant pain since surgery on my left kidney and had a large bulge where the incision was made.I asked if the bulge was normal and all she could say was that "it can happen" ( no one told/warned me about this possibility before surgery). She set me up for an MRI and referred me to their pain clinic. I didn't hear back from Dr. Speiss for several weeks despite leaving numerous messages. I ended up getting my MRI results and transfering to another doctor not affiliated with Moffit.My after care at Moffit was a nightmere. I went without pain meds for 11 hours after surgery because the epidural was not in the right place and the tens unit was giving a false reading. When the nurse insisted that it was working correctly, I asked her just to check the bag and she will notice that it was still filled to the top/hadn't gone down.She then ordered a new unit which didn't arrive for 4 more hours.Apparently, no one was available to bring it up to my room & my nurse couldn't/wouldn't go downstairs to get it. Meanwhile, I stayed at a level 10 until my wife called the patient advocate office for assistance and went down to the hospital administrators office and insisted that he address the problem. The Pallative Care team then arrived and gave me a intervenious injection of pain meds. This occurred after we waited 30 minutes for the Head Nurse to finish with a patient and provide the one (1) key on the floor to gain access to the medications.Apparently, hospital administration doesn't trust the nursing staff to dispense medications even with MD approval.Needless to say, I would never recommend Moffit to a serious cancer patient despite their advertising or self promotion efforts.

September 17th, 2010
Very impressive. Dr. Speiss took an overall view of me as an individual and my diagnosis. We discussed treatment options tailored to me.I must note that it matters not about a doctor's bedside manner, just that the doctor knows what he is doing and is confident in his diagnosis and skill.Dr. Speiss and his staff are top notch and knowledgable of current innovative treatment options. Hopefully, you won't need oncology treatment, but if you do I would have zero hesitent to highly recommend Dr. Speiss.