Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD An overview of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Philippe Vaillancourt
Dr. Philippe Vaillancourt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Riverhead, NY, with another office in Patchogue, NY. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology, Psychiatry, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Vaillancourt is affiliated with Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center, Peconic Bay Medical Center and Eastern Long Island Hospital. Dr. Vaillancourt has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Philippe Vaillancourt has the following 5 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine...
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when...
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain....
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger...
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach...