Dr. Phillip Bufford MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 30th, 2011
Caring
Very caring MD which is not a common thing in this day and age. Takes time and tells you in plain english what is going on. Will go over every detail of any tests. Does not "subcontract" you.

March 28th, 2011
May be okay if you have time to wait
Getting an appointment for a sudden illness or for any appointment is a 2 week wait. I had an initial appointment, had routine bloodwork and was called back six weeks later with the results. I had some abnormal results that the staff said the doctor wanted to discuss. He never mentioned it. I missed a mammogram appointment because of an out of town emergency. No one from his office called to see why and asked me to reschedule. I will wait 30 minutes in the waiting room and then at least an hour once inside an exam room. I take maintenance medications that my insurance company requires a 90-day supply by mail order. He will not give me a 90 day supply so I pay for them myself at the local pharmacy. These are not narcotics that I'm speaking of. I've never had a doctor who had a problem giving me 90 day supply when they take into consideration my medical history. I will find a new doctor, not that anyone will notice.

February 4th, 2011
I saw Dr. Bufford in the Emergency Room years ago and was impressed with how caring he was. He is my primary care doctor now and he has never let me down. He is, without a doubt, the best doctor I have ever been to...everyone I have spoken to seems to agree. I am so thankful to have him!