Dr. Philip Caruso MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

October 23rd, 2013
Patient with severe RSD before hip surgery
Dr. Caruso was my anesthesiologist for my last surgery. He was the best anesthesiologist I'd ever had in the last 37 years since I became injured for life and seem to not be able to avoid all weird illnesses that people have never heard of. I have RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and he instructed everyone during and after my surgery as to what a horribly painful disorder this is. He made this hospital stay bearable!! He kept all his promises, had the best bedside manner bcuz he came to my room at midnight the night of surgery and sat with me for about an hour discussing how I got RSD, and educated me on things even I hadn't heard before. The only thing I would change if possible was if he would open up his own pain specialty. I know so many people who have what I have who are never treated like a human being. I really wish I could be able to see him as my pain specialist. I have a great family dr. who cares for my pain, but my ins. co. gives him grief no matter what he wants to treat me with. I feel horrible for him. If Dr. Caruso saw patients outside the hospital, he would be giving a great service to those of us who live in chronic pain 24/7. I'm just lucky I was able to have him for my dr. for a few hours. I hope Dr. Caruso is able to see this rating. He's a wonderful doctor...the type we had years ago when doctors cared how their patients felt and weren't bogged down with paperwork that ins. co's demand from them! I gave him 5 stars on everything even though he doesn't have his own office staff. All the nurses at the hospital said I had THE BEST anesthesiologist that hospital had on staff!!!

June 26th, 2017