Dr. Phillip Dorton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 7th, 2013
Wonderful doctor!
I recently had surgery by Dr Dorton and Dr Ellis at Thomasville Ob Gyn. They did an amazing job! They were both so caring after the surgery also, I was impressed by their caring bedside manner. I have been a patient at Thomasville Ob Gyn for over 13 years and I love the staff there! I feel like they all truly care and they truly enjoy their careers! All of the doctors are great, but Dr Dorton will always be special because he delivered my 2 babies! I highly recommended this wonderful office.

June 26th, 2013
Saved My Life
Dr. Dorton saved my life after a my 5th child was born and I hemorrhaged, had he not been there I am not sure I would be alive. He talked me through everything that was going on prior to me being rushed to emergency surgery and was there 9 hours later when I woke up in ICU. He made sure they changed the rules so that my newborn daughter could come see me in the ICU. He has always had a great bedside manner, but I got an extended stay with this birth and he came and saw me everyday, even though he didn't have to. I don't live in North Carolina anymore, but he will always have a very special place in my heart. He is a very compassionate, skilled and caring doctor and he has a sense of humor. I made sure I had him deliver this baby, because he was awesome with my previous delivery. She wasn't breathing when she was born and he saved her too. Dr Kirsh and Dr Bryson are pretty great too.

May 18th, 2011
simply the best
Never met another doctor who cares as much as Dr. Dorton he always takes time with you and makes sure you are ok before you leave the office simply the best! He delivered my little girl and I hope if I have anymore children that he will deliver them also amazing doctor!

January 11th, 2011
Jo Cheever
Dr Dorton is the kindest most caring professional. He not only cares for your needs during your visit but also follows up with you to make sure all is well. He has delivered both my children and I hope he will deliver all grandchildren yet to come! YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER DOCTOR ANYWHERE!

December 16th, 2009
Best Doctor EVER!!!
If you are looking for a great doctor - look no further! He's the best one in the Triad and I dare say NC. He's quite a character and was able to handle my personality very well since I'm a bit high strung. I started going to him because I was having infertility problems and I am so happy that I went to him. I remember the one thing that impressed me the most about him the second time that I saw him was that I said "Do you need me to go over my case with you?" He said "No, I remember." That floored me because doctors these days just don't do that. I knew at that moment he was the doctor for me. After that we began treatments to get me preggo and it took awhile but he never gave up and I finally did get pregnant! He was right there with me the whole time I was pregnant cracking jokes at each visit. Unfortunately, I had to have an ER C-section with my baby in and he put me in his OWN car and took me to the hospital because of the critical need to get my baby delivered. No joking was going on then! He knows when to be serious and when to play around! Where else will you find this type dedication to patients? He is the real deal! Oh, and Jamie is wonderful too - very caring and you can tell she really truly cares about you. I will never go to any other OB-GYN as long as I live in NC!

November 7th, 2009
Dr Dorton has walked me through every problem that's occurred with my pregnancy . I so appreciate you and your kindness and expertise . You've really kept my calm during my pregnancy . Wanted to say thanks

August 24th, 2009
Best Doctor in Town
Dr. Dorton is the best ob/gyn doctor in Thomasville. He takes time to talk to all his patients. His staff, esp. Jamie, is professional and caring. He is easy to reach and will always make time for his patients. He even gave me his personal cell phone and home number. I trust Dr. Dorton to always take excellent care of me.

January 26th, 2009
Absolutely a terrific doctor!
Dr. Dorton was great during my pregnancy and delivery of my daughter. His warm and humorous bedside manner is terrific, but he is honest and straight-forward when discussing your treatment. The balance is great. If I were going to have more children--he would be who I wanted to deliver, instead I'll just have to be satisfied with continued quality GYN care.